Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,054

1 members and 3,053 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Helpers

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts

Family Helpers

So today I woke up to my grandma in my room using our temp gun to check on our bps. :p I find this utterly hilarious at how much she's come to love my babies.

So I was wondering, do any of your family have a big hand in helping you with your snakes?

Grandma will come when I'm cleaning tubs and hold them until their home is clean :p she also makes sure they have water and even checks on them when I'm at work.

Here's my herper grandma

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

Thanks
    I got the wife and kiddo. They are always a big help to me. I let my daughter hold my ball when I am doing something with the cage. Mind you my ball is about 115g of love. But with the boa that's a wife thing because she weighs 380g and she can be mean according to the last owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.1.0 Columbian Boa: Nibbles
    0.1.0 Ball Python: Cuddles
    1.1.0 Pit Bulls: Rosie and Conan
    0.0.1 Black Moore Gold Fish: Godzilla
    0.0.1 Multi Colored Gold Fish: Multi Cam

Thanks
    Haha, sometimes I'll walk into the bedroom to see my boyfriend kneeling eye level with my retic, just watching him. Mind you, this is a guy who really doesn't like snakes...but something about pajamas really intrigues him. I'm glad he's finally sort of understanding why I like herps so much <3 No one really helps with my snakes, though. Not that I expect them to, they're MY sole responsibility, like the cat is. ^-^
    Mine's bigger.

Thanks
    My mom has helped with my beardie before (before grandkids she had a pic of him on her cubicle wall lol) but since the collection has grown not so much. I did convert my husband and with our crazy schedules he is super helpful, he will hold the snakes if i'm the one taking them out and ensuring they are good to go, but he will do water changes and cage cleaning when i'm not home. I have him do bonding sessions with my tegu too.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Yup!

Everyone helps out when they can.

- My Mother will stop by and help out with feeding, spot checking, water changes etc. when I'm travelling. This was a learning curve for her, loves the snakes now though!

- My Father enjoys the hobby and will even throw in money to buy the occasional morph. He is great for moral support, travelling to shows, picking up supplies etc.

- My wife handles all the reptile paperwork, ie bills, internet, phone, web. And she is the caretaker for all our Leos.

- Me, I do the rest. =)
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

Thanks
    My almost 4 year old daughter is learning to help...too wiggly to hold them still, but she comes in from preschool and instantly checks all the animals. I get a report on where in the tank each is resting, if water needs changed or added and if the substrate is getting low. (granted I usually already know but still...)

I am actually still working on my fears of snakes, even though my big heart took these two in (one is temp though) so my best friend is still helping with feeding them.

Aside from that, most of my family is fearful of snakes, so it's just us working with them right now.

Thanks
    I'm the only person who takes care of my snake, but my mom has fallen in love with him. When I clean his tub, he sits in smaller plastic tub on my mom's lap and she talks to him pretty much non-stop. Everyone in my family seems to like him, even my grandmother who doesn't like snakes that much.
    1.0.0 Pastel Ball Python "William"

Thanks
    My fiance and I share the responsibilities. But my mom thinks they are beautiful and always wants to see them when she comes over.
    *M.~

1.0 Western Hognose
    1.0 Cay Caulker boa
    1.0 Ghost Motley Corn
    1.0 Woma python
    1.0 Sumatran STP
    1.0 Cape File Snake
    0.1 Pastel Dream Boa
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    My son helps out a lot. He likes to "hold the snakes" while I clean (AKA put them on the linoleum floor and laugh while they try to slither away but don't get anywhere lol). My mom also has fallen in love with my critters. She really likes the ball pythons (NOT a fan of the boas, they scare her lol). If I go on vacation she'll come over and care for them, and she'll send me pictures of her holding them lol. It's always nice when you have family that supports you.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    My son helps out a lot. He likes to "hold the snakes" while I clean (AKA put them on the linoleum floor and laugh while they try to slither away but don't get anywhere lol). My mom also has fallen in love with my critters. She really likes the ball pythons (NOT a fan of the boas, they scare her lol). If I go on vacation she'll come over and care for them, and she'll send me pictures of her holding them lol. It's always nice when you have family that supports you.
    Dont forget that sweet outdoor enclosure your stepdad(?) built for your tortoise!!!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast