Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,360

1 members and 3,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Does this sound like "stolen" balls to you?

So a co-worker of mine (i work in a pet store) was approached by a woman who said her hubby/bf/man had some balls he needed to get rid of quick. She said that he would sell the whole lot of them cheap. After a few moments, the man came up and took over the conversation. My co worker already had a spider, and had been looking to get another morph. The man at first said his wife/gf told him he had to get rid of the snakes ASAP because she didnt like them, and was my co-worker interested? The collection was an albino, pinstripe, pair of pastels, spider, and a normal with a six-tub 42qt rack with heat and a helix thermostat. Asking price $250!!!! This was about a week ago. My co worker showed me pics of the snakes before he made the purchase. I couldnt beleive it! Too good to be true, I said. Well, a few days ago, my co-woker tells me he has snakes in hand. He was able to get the money, and he brought a couple of the snakes in yesterday to show me, which I sexed for him. I saw a nice male albino, roughly 800g. And I saw a female pinstripe about 600g. He showed pics of the others and the rack. He will be bringing them into work so I can sex them tomorrow. I began to ask him questions about the guys motive, and the reason he was selling so cheap. My co worker said the night before the purchase, he talked to the guy on the phone, who changed his story. he said "I just want to give the snakes a good home"....as to the reason why they were so cheap. My coworker's dad, who has been in the pet business for quite some time, is on the same page as I am....I suspect they were stolen. I mean, even if someone was really REALLY desperate to unload snakes, they would still not sell them that cheap! I mean, he could have gotten $250 for the rack alone! Even lowballing prices would still set the group and rack between $700-$800!!! What do you think????? And is anybody missing some snakes in the Philly/Jersey/Delaware/MD area????
    Last edited by 4theSNAKElady; 09-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..