Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,990

2 members and 1,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Problem with new python

Hi, I know that this is probably posted a lot, but i was hoping someone could shed some light on this situation. I got my new ball python, Xavier, around a month and a half ago. He hasn't eaten since. Im starting to get really concerned. Admittedly he's in a rather large RUB. Its a 33L, and it has a bit of height to it. I think that this is the problem, so i bought a smaller one (4L RUB) but i think it was too small - the humidity was way too high and it looked like he had nowhere to roam. I need someone to tell me what size of enclosure he needs. Preferrably a link to a site selling them (in the UK). The pet store guy was pretty clueless. He told me he was eating small adult mice. When i offered it to him, he struck at it but missed then just shoved it about. I tried again the following week but he just ignored it completely. After that I tried rat pups but again, just shoved them about. After that I tried him on a fluff (which i think is a fuzzy). I offered it to him on tongs and he seemed slightly interested but then just rubbed his face on it - no idea what that means. My corn snake eats well and his all good in his enclosure, so I can't be that bad at keeping snakes. So.. thanks for reading and if you could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    Maybe try a 15qt tub: not huge but not too small (I can put two hides, water dish, and thermometer in those).

Also how often are you trying to feed? Give him 5-7 days in between offering feeders: offering too much could stress him out and make him not want to eat. Have you tried live or just f/t? Was the seller feeding him live or f/t?

Can you explain your setup more? Ambient temps, hot and cold side temps, how you're measuring them, etc
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn