Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

3 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

What to get next?

So I am adding to my rack, and I will now have 7 tubs instead of 5. 4 of those tubs are occupied, and I will use the 5th for a hatchling from my first clutch.
    So far I have:
    Female Amel Motley
    Female Normal
    Female Charcoal
    Male Blizzard

So what would you buy for those last 2 tubs if you were me? I'm thinking pewter male, and diffused female. And yes, I plan on breeding all of these. But what would you do?
    Corns:
    0.0.1 Normal; 0.1.0 Amel Motley
    1.0.0 Butter Motley; 0.1.0 Charcoal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew21 View Post
    So I am adding to my rack, and I will now have 7 tubs instead of 5. 4 of those tubs are occupied, and I will use the 5th for a hatchling from my first clutch.
    So far I have:
    Female Amel Motley
    Female Normal
    Female Charcoal
    Male Blizzard

So what would you buy for those last 2 tubs if you were me? I'm thinking pewter male, and diffused female. And yes, I plan on breeding all of these. But what would you do?
    If your thinking the pewter and diffused then that's the way you should go. the first snake to come to your mind is usually the one that will make you the happiest.

And so we don't hijack the other thread where we were discussing about what corns I wanted to work with, I am aware that almost all corn morphs are recessive. And quite honestly I'm kind of excited about that aspect of it. I have a wc male that I really like his color (or should I say colors) and I want to pick out the het babies that look the most like him so when I get the actual morph I'll have a better idea of what he'd look like as those morphs. Then from there I'll do some selective breeding to bring out what traits I like best.

Thanks
    So you think you have a new wild-caught morph? I like how they are reccesive too. I guess it makes me feel like I'm putting in more work. My only problem is that if I produced normals, they would be harder to sell. Even if they are hets. That's why I got a male blizzard. So I can use him to make two different morphs easily. Are you planning on selling some of your hatchlings?
    Corns:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew21 View Post
    So you think you have a new wild-caught morph? I like how they are reccesive too. I guess it makes me feel like I'm putting in more work. My only problem is that if I produced normals, they would be harder to sell. Even if they are hets. That's why I got a male blizzard. So I can use him to make two different morphs easily. Are you planning on selling some of your hatchlings?
    The more I look at him and others from the same area I don't think he is a morph, just a darker snake. I'm not too worried about normals, I have a local pet shop that will buy from me. Not a whole clutch at a time, but between them and selling to individuals I should be able to move them fairly quick. And yes I plan on selling all but a pair or trio.

Thanks
    I just really hope to sell all of them. I think these first few years will be the diffeence between if I am going to breed large scale or just keep them as pets.
    Corns: