Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,078

1 members and 1,077 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    fiance keps her info in a otebook ( mainly it name s accross the top and then date alnog side and just checks off if they ate that week/date.

I don't really keep records anymore due to bouncing back and forth between upper and lower delaware. I just go by how the snakes feels when handle or who seems to make the most mess ( how often I am clean the tub)
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Degei is still my favorite. It's had some bugs in the past, but support is good, and the latest version seems fine.
    It does pretty much everything--track feed, shed, poop, notes, pictures, breeding, clutch labels, generate clutches (when they hatch), genealogy, cage card printouts, record printouts, tracks feeders and feeder costs, etc. My favorite is something surprisingly few of the newer programs seem to handle, which is giving you a printout sheet of everyone who's due for a feeding according the schedule you set up for them, and when they last ate. It's user-friendly, and setup is not horrible. (I hated trying to set up Metzcal, for example, and gave up on that after a short time).

I also use iHerp, for the lineage database, and so customers can have a nifty record with all the photos if they want it. (I also like having backup records there). iHerp has a ways to go to make it convenient for tracking collections beyond a few animals, though.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Re: How do you keep track of your balls?

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    Degei is still my favorite. It's had some bugs in the past, but support is good, and the latest version seems fine.
    It does pretty much everything--track feed, shed, poop, notes, pictures, breeding, clutch labels, generate clutches (when they hatch), genealogy, cage card printouts, record printouts, tracks feeders and feeder costs, etc. My favorite is something surprisingly few of the newer programs seem to handle, which is giving you a printout sheet of everyone who's due for a feeding according the schedule you set up for them, and when they last ate. It's user-friendly, and setup is not horrible. (I hated trying to set up Metzcal, for example, and gave up on that after a short time).

I also use iHerp, for the lineage database, and so customers can have a nifty record with all the photos if they want it. (I also like having backup records there). iHerp has a ways to go to make it convenient for tracking collections beyond a few animals, though.

I liked metzcal myself before i found HerperPRO but unfortunately they were not continuing with updates, But i never recommend degei to anyone cause of all the steps and patching required to install it, its very sketchy I think! I just fell in love with HerperPRO from day one, i think if everyone started using it would be great because the reptiles data can be sent from owner to the next and also all the sharing features it has for us breeders to help with selling our animals. I wish it was free but i understand they gotta make some money for all the hard work they do lol.

Thanks
    I "rescued" my first ever snake a while ago from a Petsmart that was willing to adopt her out since she was getting too big for them to take care of, and I requested a copy of their feeding schedule. I thought it was kind of nifty, so when I got home I scanned it and used photoshop to make a blank version, edited so that it was less of a business thing and more just to keep track.

I use "Date Arrived" to keep track of my snake's 'birthday', and location for what size/type of enclosure I'm keeping them in! I usually record things like length and weight in the big white divider (Though I really should make a spot for them for real )

They're really convenient because I only go through 9 sheets per year per snake, which saves me paper and ink! I haven't gone digital yet because there's just something about having a physical record that feels nicer to me.

Sorry about the large picture (if it shows up as big for you as it does for me in the preview)!

Thanks

I only have one snake, so i just mark when things happen on my calendar.

BPnet Senior Member Rickys_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I look down. lol (sorry, had to)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickys_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Cyndymei (08-19-2014)

Thanks
    I record everything that's important with reptile scan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Since this is a two year old thread I'd like to ask if there are there any new programs that have come out recently that are just plain stupid easy to use? I gotta admit that I'm not very good at this. I've tried notebooks, various spreadsheets, index cards etc... and generally I just seem to quit using whatever it is I was using at the time because it's just too much time and trouble. I keep snakes for fun, and since I don't find record keeping fun if it's not a system that's ridiculously simple to use, I'll just quit using it.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,672 Times in 725 Posts

I have snake keeper, don't 100% love the way it works but easy enough that I will update weekly feedings and weights on occasion. I only have four snakes though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (08-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Since this is a two year old thread I'd like to ask if there are there any new programs that have come out recently that are just plain stupid easy to use? I gotta admit that I'm not very good at this. I've tried notebooks, various spreadsheets, index cards etc... and generally I just seem to quit using whatever it is I was using at the time because it's just too much time and trouble. I keep snakes for fun, and since I don't find record keeping fun if it's not a system that's ridiculously simple to use, I'll just quit using it.
    If youre willing to by the app i highly reccomend reptile scan. A buddy and i just recently each bought it to keep track of our collections and if youre looking for stupid easy... its doesnt get stupider easier

Every recorded action you decide to imput is scanned from a qr barcode with your phone. I measured and record all my weights in a matter of a few seconds each

Each snake get its own profile. Its pretty cool. If u have iphone theres a 99cent trial version

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Keeper For This Useful Post:

MarkS (08-21-2014)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast