Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,254

2 members and 3,252 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Actually, even the 'rainy' part is not as rainy as people in the rest of the country are led to believe. We have a rain season, as it were, usually a few months in spring, where it rains regularly... but the rest of the year rain is sporadic and usually quite light. I like to say that the Seattle area is one of the few places where one can experience 'mist rain' - a rain so light you can't tell it's raining, even when you're out in it.
    The rest of the year, with the exception of a few months in summer (which are drawing to a close now), it is overcast and gray without a drop of rain. That can be a bit of a downer...but that is made up for by the amazing natural beauty everywhere you look.

Like this:

Those are all pictures taken from near my dad's house. In fact, all except the first one of The Mountain are taken FROM his house. Well, the back and front yards. And yes, for those to whom it isn't obvious, that is Mt. Rainier. That was taken up the street from the house.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Argentra For This Useful Post:

Andybill (08-27-2012)

Thanks

Re: Hi from Wa State

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    Those are all pictures taken from near my dad's house. In fact, all except the first one of The Mountain are taken FROM his house. Well, the back and front yards. And yes, for those to whom it isn't obvious, that is Mt. Rainier. That was taken up the street from the house.
    Those are awesome! We only get views of Baker up here, and if you aren't in the right place it's mostly foot hills with the peak just appearing behind them. The islands make up for lack of mountain view though, and the Cascade highway is always a good drive

x2 on the rain as well. Pretty humid up here and it isn't unusual to get a couple days of rain, but it's definitely not as constant as everyone thinks it is

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine Pirate For This Useful Post:

Argentra (08-27-2012)

Thanks
    Oh, and can't forget this:

West across Elliot Bay

Downtown Seattle from the Bay

Downtown from atop the Space Needle

Lake Union and East Seattle from atop the Needle

Or this:

That's right out front of our apartment this past winter. (Sorry about the screen...it was too cold to open the porch door)

Thanks
    Hey! I live in TX but I just got back from WA. I had an internship up there with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife in Olympia. It was incredible. I plan on movin up there as soon as I graduate in December I'm so excited. It is absolutely beautiful up there. Way different than TX. I've actually been nervous in keeping a snake collection when I move up there because of the temps. I can always have a heated room

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stupidcracker00 For This Useful Post:

Argentra (08-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Re: Hi from Wa State

Hello, and to BP.net...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Ya'll stop it with ya pics! No more taunting me lol!

CT has prettyness too!

1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Argentra (08-27-2012)

Thanks
    Hey, stupidcracker00, thanks for the other photos. Looks like up here all right.

And the main thing you need when keeping reptiles up here, other than a few good thermostats of course, is a generator. Between the ice storms and the winds, we can experience quite a few power outages. In summer, no problem as it's usually in the 80's or lower 90's. In winter the temps aren't too low, unless it snows or ices over. But well, I make sure I have a lot of those instant hand/toe warmers around just in case until I can afford a good generator.

It's worth it, though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    Hey, stupidcracker00, thanks for the other photos. Looks like up here all right.

And the main thing you need when keeping reptiles up here, other than a few good thermostats of course, is a generator. Between the ice storms and the winds, we can experience quite a few power outages. In summer, no problem as it's usually in the 80's or lower 90's. In winter the temps aren't too low, unless it snows or ices over. But well, I make sure I have a lot of those instant hand/toe warmers around just in case until I can afford a good generator.

It's worth it, though.
    You are welcome i shoulda taken some when i drove to the eastern part. Its drastically different lol. Its all brown and dry.... Its a desert lol. Its crazy the change in climate when you drie over the mountains. Its pretty cool.

And that's a great idea. It could probably cut down on the electric bill too huh? How much does a decent one cost? Do you know that off the top of your head?

Thanks
    Yep, it's really weird seeing that difference. We drove the truck from CO up through Yakima and southern WA, so we saw first hand... or we would have if there hadn't been a huge dust cloud obscuring the view and turning everything pink/brown.

As for generators, off the top of my head I know that a basic unit can cost from $300-$500 depending on wattage and how it's powered (fuel, crank, battery etc.). I believe $250 is the lower end for a good one, and they can go up from there into the thousands. The main choice factors are how much power you need it to produce, and how it makes that power. My dad, for instance, has two - one propane driven higher wattage, and the other crank driven low wattage. As far as I know, the powerful one is for the freezer and heaters, the lower for small lights and such.

Thanks
    I used to live in Seattle and Longview. I was born up in Port Angeles. Wish I could hit that Puyallup show but alas I'm stationed in colorado
    0.1.0 Columbian Boa: Nibbles
    0.1.0 Ball Python: Cuddles
    1.1.0 Pit Bulls: Rosie and Conan
    0.0.1 Black Moore Gold Fish: Godzilla
    0.0.1 Multi Colored Gold Fish: Multi Cam

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast