Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,782

3 members and 1,779 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

jpriebe2 (44)

» Stats

Members: 75,143
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jennifer660
    Thanks

Breeders going off feed this early?

A few of my adult ball pythons have refused meals for the past two weeks. These are all solid feeders that rarely skip meals. My proven breeder 2009 male Lesser, a proven 2008 female Pastel and a virgin 2009 female Mojave. They were all eating consistently up until the past two weeks when all have refused meals. The only thing that changed in the environment is a slight drop in temperature here. Highs have been in the 90's for the past few months and have dropped to the 80's in the past couple weeks. The ambient temp in the room the snakes are in has dropped from around 79 to around 76 in the past couple weeks. Could just these few drops in degrees be causing a break in feeding?

All my younger snakes are still eating normally. I have not paired any snakes yet this year, but the past couple years started pairing in October. (Including the proven Lesser and Pastel).

Thanks
    Mine are just starting to get steady back onto their feed again. They didn't slow down on the eating until Feb-May and ate sporadically until the begining of August, then just went nuts. They're like bottomless pits now.

I think they all go by their own plans.
    "Why I Have Grey Hair," the story of my life:

The cast: 0.1 het pied, Minnie, "Heartless." 0.1 pied, Dorothy, "The Girl Next Door." 0.1 mojave, Lily, "Stuck Up Little Princess." 0.1 pastel yb, Marilyn, "The Bombshell." 0.1 normal, Miss Maenad, "Femme Fatale." 1.0 dinker, Darth Jackass, "Scum of the Earth." 1.0 piebald, Mickey, "A Really Nice Guy." 1.0 jigsaw, Kaa, "The Young Dude." 0.1 cinnamon, Hera, "If Looks Could Kill" 0.1 pastel, Luna, "If It Moves, Eat It"

Recently joined by Badger and Honey, 1.1 spotnoses.

...and an ever-changing host of supporting actors and actresses: rat and ASF.