Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

0 members and 3,253 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts

Great Daytona show... for me :)

My first show... and in my own backyard to boot I had a few nice pick-ups but played a bit to get there... there's always a story...

First on the wishlist was a Super Pastel girl. Found a nice sub adult that didn't look as clean as I would have liked and after having a few friends and another breeder I have bought some stuff from take a look at her I decided to pass... not easy, but I have to remind myself we're looking for quality here. I then found a nice Super Pastel hatchling girl for a fair price. Walked off with her and showed my buddy. He popped her and it was a dang male. I got my money right back from the place. If I could remember the name I would post it for all to beware, but they were from FL I remember.

FINALLY... I found my georgeous little 0.1 Super Pastel (a confirmed female this time)... at a whopping 62g I got her. Sparkling girl and she took a rat pinky when I got home. Kudo's on the deal to Family Reptiles out of Lakeland, FL- nice people.

Next on my list was a 0.1 Pied. I found a nice hatchling 0.1 Pied. I don't like high white... I like break-ups. So I picked her up. Good price as my local shop knew the breeder and that helped the price a bit.

I thought I was done..... but no, I had to walk around a bit more. I spotted a beautiful 2010, 0.1 Pied that was a chunky girl at 960g for what seemed to be a good price, so I had a few local friends take a look.... they said BUY IT!! Well the pocket is only so deep these days, so we worked a trade on the little 0.1 Pied I had just purchased a few hours earlier. Adam Chesla Reptiles worked me a great deal on the girl. I like the white break-ups and the short white "V" markings halfway up her sides in her front section. Just what I was looking for in a Pied. If I hadn't picked her up there were a few people in line behind me for her.

0.1 Super Pastel

0.1 Pied

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Nice pickups. how much did they set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Re: Great Daytona show... for me :)

Nice snakes man good finds. The super is beautiful. Really good quality. smart move popping before you left. I wonder if they knew or just missed it. Either way shouldn't have happend. They should've been experienced to know. But at least you got your money back and found a better one! Congrats on the pick ups.

Thanks
    Lets just say the 0.1 Super Pastel was the least I've paid for a female and the 0.1 Pied was the most I've paid for a female.

I had some help making the deals from people I know that happened to know the breeders I bought from today, so what I paid was probably somewhere between wholesale and retail on the Pied. I showed the sub adult 0.1 Super Pastel I saw first to Mike Wilbanks and he told me to pass on it- not for the price, but for the quality. I certainly listened.

The 0.1 Pied hatchling that I traded for the 0.1 Pied girl I ended up with was $650. He knocked $100 off his asking price. Everyone likes Ben Franklins. I saw hatchling pieds from $550- $850 depending on the amount of white. I would not have given the few Pieds around $550 a second look no matter the price. I'm not paying $1 for a 60g Pied that has been assist fed and only has had one shed. I don't know why anyone would bring that to a show?

Like I said, the pied I ended up with would not have been there at the end of the day today if I didin't pick her up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Nice pickups, they look great!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Re: Great Daytona show... for me :)

LOVE that super pastel!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Both very nice pickups, i like them.

What are your plans for these ladies?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    The 0.1 Super Pastel has a few years, but I like the sound of pairing her with my 1.0 FireButter for some FireFlys, Pastel Butters and ButterFly's. I'd really like to pair her with my 1.0 BumbleBee and get some bread and butter sellers... more Super's, BumbleBees and some KillerBees. Neither gets me a real knockout combo, but they are easy sellers for a beginning breeder such as myself to start building a name.

The 0.1 Pied will either see a Pied or a Black Pastel Pied/100% Het Pied depending on what I come across and my budget in the next year. I already have a line on a breeder sized 1.0 Black Pastel 100% Het Pied which may be my next purchase before it dissapears.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    Nice pickups! That pied is gorgeous.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks
    Scott from Family Reptiles is a quality guy, and your super pastel shows it. Congrats on the pickups!

1.0 Normal BP - Nico
    1.0 Pinstripe - Vinnie
    0.1 Cinnamon - Jezebel
    0.1 Spider - Lila
    0.1 Desert - Lara

1.0 Cal King - Slick
    0.0.1 Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko - Donovan
    3.1 Felines - Serin, Rocci, Alexavier, Lily
    0.1 Canine - Susie Q

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast