Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,057

3 members and 3,054 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,553
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

letting go of bp's

i just sold my male spider because since i got my bee my spider just didn't fit in my breeding plans. it was sad to let him go kind of feel like a betrayed him. im sure his new owners will take good care of him they looked like nice people and they deffinitely knew their stuff when it came to bp's so i think he went to a good place.

does anyone ever feel bad letting go of a bp that is no longer in their breeding plans?

1.0 albino
    0.1 black pastel 66% het. albino
    1.0 cinny

Thanks
    Absolutely! I don't like getting rid of ones I've had for a while. I feel guilty but making room for other things is always nice. It's always so much easier when selling babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Casey Schneider

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cschneider For This Useful Post:

JaGv (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    I'm kind of in the same position. I have a male mojave and and male cinnamon that I don't have any breeding plans for and most likely will never. I got both of them for free and are nice pets but I'm considering getting rid of them. I could use whatever money I got off of them for a few projects I want to get in on... I just kind of feel bad and I know my girlfriend would be extremely sad as those two are her favorites.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidMundy For This Useful Post:

JaGv (08-12-2012)

Thanks

Re: letting go of bp's

good to know more people feel the same. it makes me feel less sad/guilty. it got worse when they started telling me how very well taken care of he was but then again i felt good because i was doing good taking care of him.

1.0 albino
    1.0 cinny

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaGv View Post
    i just sold my male spider because since i got my bee my spider just didn't fit in my breeding plans. it was sad to let him go kind of feel like a betrayed him. im sure his new owners will take good care of him they looked like nice people and they deffinitely knew their stuff when it came to bp's so i think he went to a good place.

does anyone ever feel bad letting go of a bp that is no longer in their breeding plans?
    The very first snake I sold was a male pastel.
    I had a little too many males than I wanted at the time and made the decision to re-home him.
    I sold him to a nice woman who has a female pastel. I imagine she's going to breed him in the future and I'm happy to know that he went to a home where he can be of use. I was sad to let him go, but I think it was for the best in the end.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

JaGv (08-12-2012)

Thanks

i'll probably go visit him since the people invited me over to check out their snakes

1.0 albino
    1.0 cinny

Thanks
    I have felt bad about finding new homes for some of my BPs. I get a guilty conscience because I know it's just to make room for the next one. They don't know they are different and not as valuable! Wow, that really makes me feel bad! But I have a few that were given to me because people know I will give them a good home, or a couple others that were literally rescues that were brought back to health. Those ones will always be with me!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tfpets For This Useful Post:

JaGv (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I know ill feel a little bad. But i just remind myself that they dont really care where they live as long as theyre taken care of. Plus im sure when the time comes to replace my breeder males (if i produce/get 2 gene males) i could probably convince my brother to get his own rack going haha. He loves the snakes but not enough where he'd wanna breed them so a 4 tub RBI sweaterbox rack with my breeder males i cant get rid of would be perfect for him haha. Actually now that i think about it he'll probably have more of a problem with it than me bc my cinny male Chumlee is one of his favorites.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

JaGv (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    The way I look at it ... I have breeding plans, But If i get an extremely nice male, I will hold him back and keep him.. It's like my Normal, I wouldn't pass him off for anything. And when I'm done with my Lesser The time I put into him makes him a keeper IMO

But I guess with the counts some of you guys have its hard to hang on to all of them LOL
    1.0 Normal (Diablo)
    1.0 Platinum Lesser (Aurora)
    1.0 Russian Blue Cat (Magnum)
    0.1 House Cat (Porsche)
    1.0 Australian Cattle Dog (Diesel)
    0.1 Yorky (Mercedes)
    2.0 Kids (Matt & Leland)
    0.1 Wife (Jennifer)
    No The wife and Kids do not conform to the Automotive type Names haha
    All Lessers are equal, but I got the pretty one

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExotixTowing View Post
    The way I look at it ... I have breeding plans, But If i get an extremely nice male, I will hold him back and keep him.. It's like my Normal, I wouldn't pass him off for anything. And when I'm done with my Lesser The time I put into him makes him a keeper IMO

But I guess with the counts some of you guys have its hard to hang on to all of them LOL
    Yea same. I think my normal is a female but if she turns out to be a he then i wouldnt give him up for anything. He was my first snake and i wuv him too much
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast