Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,404

2 members and 2,402 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: *** CDC Investigates RODENTPRO - Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Outbreak***

Quote Originally Posted by 1nstinct View Post
    This is great I have a order of rodents coming from rodent pro tomorrow . What should I do?
    I heard it was only from orders processed in may. I could be wrong though, call rodent pro and ask
    Last edited by Dragoon; 08-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    iHerp profile
    Check out my reptiles on the iherp link above or FB below
    Rhacosaurus Gex

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Dragoon-I did I mentioned the out break and they told me the rodents are virus/disease free. They should safe since they are going to be frozen and I'm not touching any bedding or urine/fecal matter.
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

Thanks

Re: *** CDC Investigates RODENTPRO - Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Outbreak***

This is the letter that Rodent Pro sent out to the customers that purchased during the time this was an issue.... They basically placed blame on the supplier and said sorry....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 2, 2012

Dear RodentPro Customer:

This statement is to inform you that during May, 2012, RodentPro learned that a portion of the mouse breeding colonies at one of its suppliers tested positive for Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis virus, known as LCMV. This particular facility had tested negative for LCMV as recently as February, 2012 during a routine screening. As a result of the positive LCMV findings, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) took immediate steps to quarantine the facility and required the supplier to take measures to ensure that the facility was returned to a virus free condition. The CDC determined that mice that may have been exposed to LCMV produced at that facility were shipped prior to diagnosis to fourteen of RodentPro's customers, all of whom have been contacted by the CDC. All rats produced at that facility tested negative for LCMV. No rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks or quail were produced at that facility. We are currently not purchasing any products from this supplier.

RodentPro would like to stress that the finding of LCMV at the before mentioned facility is an isolated incident that occurred at only one of numerous locations utilized by RodentPro to produce its products. This incident did not involve any RodentPro products produced at any other facilities.

RodentPro's top priorities are the health and safety of our customers and employees and the welfare of our animals. We have worked closely with the CDC and other governmental agencies in resolving this issue with the above supplier.

We are closely examining every aspect of our production processes to determine enhancements we can make to our procedures in our efforts to further ensure our ability to provide safe feeder animals.

We apologize for any hardships that may have been caused by this incident. We value our relationship with you and are committed to do everything we can to provide you with safe and high quality products.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bryant
    President - RodentPro.com

Thanks
    Honestly I have heard more bad things, than good things about rodent pro. They raised their prices this year which was one of my only reasons to ever go through them. A couple weeks ago I was going through the TSK facility where I purchased one of my balls. While I was there they informed me that they are starting their own frozen rodent department and showed me some of their products. I think its safe to say I was impressed. Totally humane, professional, and organized. The rodents were packed very neatly with great attention to detail. I just thought I would recommend them since their prices are just as competitive.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    I'm happy I breed my own, and have a great local supplier if I'm ever low or need to restock

Thanks
    Any updates?
    2.6 ball pythons 3.12 ASF
    Cofounder www.softfurs.com

Like us Facebook
    www.facebook.com/simplexserpents

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just caught the tail end of a newsclip about the Mouse House, one of the local suppliers to Rodent-Pro. I live a couple miles away from them, so it was on my local news channel,

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...mmission-herp/
    Last edited by Sita; 09-13-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~ Herm Albright

The current zoo:
    Pets
    2.1 Felis catus; 1.2 Ringneck Doves; 1.1 Budgies; bunches o' Rats/Mice (pets and feeders);
    2.1 BCI; 1.0 BP; 1.0 Corn; 1.0 Honduran Milksnake; 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa; 0.1 Dumeril's Boa; 1.0 Texas Ratsnake; 1.0 Calico Black Ratsnake; 1.1 Western Hognose; 0.1 Beardie; 0.1 Tawny Plated Lizard; 1.0 Blue-Tongue Skink; 0.1 Crestie; 0.1 Spiny-tailed Iguana; 0.0.1 Chaco Striped Knee Tarantula
    Fosters/Rescues
    2.0 BCI
    0.2.2 BP
    1.0 Corn
    1.0 Red-Foot Tortoise
    1.0 Greek Tortoise
    0.0.10 Leopard Tortoises
    0.0.1 Asian Vine Snake

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123