Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

0 members and 3,216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    That's the thing. By itself it looks like a sunglow against regular albinos its a toss up. Against so nice sunglows like posted it doesn't look like it. I called the breeder that I bought my albino off of, and after 2 pics he said sunglow I sent the 3rd and he said albino. Id ask on the boa forum but after you register they have to approve you and after 2.5 weeks they still haven't ! But good deal trade my pastel BP I paid 65 bucks for, for this snake? I like my ball but my local breeder even said you had your ball 3 months even if trade for an albino its worth a lot more. I was really hoping it is a sunglow.....

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    I'll trade him my pastel for that, albino or sunglow, where is he, lol?? I'm a member on the boa forum, if you don't mind me taking your pictures, I can post them there when I get home and see what they think. Might take awhile, its not near as active as this place.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Just for the heck of it, here is another angle of mine:
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfpets View Post
    Just for the heck of it, here is another angle of mine:
    She is beautiful! Doesn't look much like what op posted.

Thanks
    Yes please post over on the other forum let me know what they say.... are we talking about clay english rtb forum right? I canview just not post there so if you do I can look if you tell me where you posted it. I'm suposed to meet up with him tomorrow at 6. So yeah lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Re: albino or sunglow??

Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Boy when we compare, I'm really leaning towards albino. Where is Vypyrz, and Evenstar? They are boa people.
    Here I am!! LoL.....

Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    She is beautiful! Doesn't look much like what op posted.

Actually, they do look quite a bit alike. I personally think this snake is a sunglow. I might be somewhat optimistic in my assessment, but the OP's snake has narrow saddles and these saddles are quite distinct. A straight albino will look more faded than this. This boa also appears to be about 4-5 feet (so approximately 1.5-2 years old). Is that accurate?? Pictures can be deceiving...

An albino boa that size would not look this bright. A sunglow would. Tfpets boa appears younger and, therefore, it would appear brighter/more orange. Also, a sunglow is a snake that displays both the recessive gene for albinism and the co-dominant gene for hypomelanism. Hypo boas often have narrower saddles with a sort of "butterfly" or x x pattern. The OP's boa displays this trait.

Having said that, there is no way to be 100% sure until the animal is bred. However, if you only paid $65 for your pastel and the guy is willing to do an even trade, I would snap that boa up in a heartbeat!! Sunglow or not, it is a super nice animal and $65 is a steal for either an albino or a sunglow!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (07-26-2012),Tfpets (07-26-2012)

Thanks
    I picked up my sunglow and a hypo for $80. The guy had dreams of breeding for lipsticks. He said he had $600 into the pair no more than 4 months prior. They were born early to mid 2011 from what I was told. He had to move home for the summer from college and his mom wouldn't let him bring them. I am grateful to his mom! So yeah, a $65 ball is a great trade!
    Last edited by Tfpets; 07-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarbass1 View Post
    Yes please post over on the other forum let me know what they say.... are we talking about clay english rtb forum right? I canview just not post there so if you do I can look if you tell me where you posted it. I'm suposed to meet up with him tomorrow at 6. So yeah lol
    I posted on redtailboa.com, will let you know what I hear over there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Here I am!! LoL.....

Actually, they do look quite a bit alike. I personally think this snake is a sunglow. I might be somewhat optimistic in my assessment, but the OP's snake has narrow saddles and these saddles are quite distinct. A straight albino will look more faded than this. This boa also appears to be about 4-5 feet (so approximately 1.5-2 years old). Is that accurate?? Pictures can be deceiving...

An albino boa that size would not look this bright. A sunglow would. Tfpets boa appears younger and, therefore, it would appear brighter/more orange. Also, a sunglow is a snake that displays both the recessive gene for albinism and the co-dominant gene for hypomelanism. Hypo boas often have narrower saddles with a sort of "butterfly" or x x pattern. The OP's boa displays this trait.

Having said that, there is no way to be 100% sure until the animal is bred. However, if you only paid $65 for your pastel and the guy is willing to do an even trade, I would snap that boa up in a heartbeat!! Sunglow or not, it is a super nice animal and $65 is a steal for either an albino or a sunglow!
    Thank you!!! I knew you would have a good solid, confident answer!

Thanks

Re: albino or sunglow??

Nice light Sunglow you have

Balls ~ 1.1 Albino ~ 0.1 Butter ~ 1.0 Blk. Pastel ~ 0.1 Fire ~ 1.0 F.Fly Y.Belly ~ 1.0 Lesser ~ 0.4 Norms ~ 0.1 Mojo
    1.1 Pies ~ 0.1 Spin

Boas ~ 0.1 Albino ~ 1.0 Ghost ~ 1.0 Lipstick Sunglow ~ 0.1 Norm ~ 1.0 Super Salmon

Milks ~ 1.1 Albino Nelsons ~ 0.1 Het Albino Nelson ~ 0.1 Black Milk ~ 0.1 Sinaloan ~ 0.1 Tangerine Hondo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast