Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,311

4 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

ball python what temperature is the warm and cool side supposed to drop to?

for ball python what temperature is the warm and cool side supposed to drop to??
    i heard ur supposed to also why??
    whats the point??

Thanks

What is Basking temperature?

when i was doing reseach on ball python temperature because im getting one soon. it had the the warm side and cool side for daytime and night but it also said basking temperature should be 90F I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE

THANKS

Thanks

temperature for ball python

im getting a baby ball python soon and gonna keep her in a tub. im using newspaper for bendding. the bending is really thin so the temperature have to be a bit less right because the heat will be more stronger also when i research about ball python temperature i always get different ones for the warm side and cold side like can sometime give me like a one they have been using for ball python for years and than raises them in a tub using newspaper as bendding i need for cold and warm side also people say sometimes you need to changetemperature at night time and some say u don't. so can u tell me why people do and if it helps the snake. and if it does help snakes health than what is it and if you have been using for a long time.
    thanks

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    IN an effort to keep thing clutter free all 3 threads have been merged, no need to ask the same questions regarding temps in 3 different threads, be patient and someone will answer.

If you have more question on the same subject just used the thread that is already created.

Thank you
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

KMG (08-19-2014)

Thanks
    Ideally you want an ambient (room) temperature of 80 to 85 degrees, if you watch some of the breeder interviews on youtube you will hear almost all of them say the ambient air temp is set to 82 degrees. It is ok if this temp drops down to high 70's during the night, say 77 or 78 degrees. These temps will also be the suggestion for the cool side hide in the tank or tub. For the hot side hide most will try to keep the temp at 88 degrees though it's ok if this goes up to as high as 95 degrees though most tend to stay lower say around 90 degrees. I wouldn't let the hot side temp drop below 88 degrees even at night, you want this to stay pretty constant as it's where the snake will go to digest a meal and the more stable the temp the better it is for digestion. If you provide a warm side and a cool side hide area then the snake will decide where he wants to be you shouldn't have to be changing the temps between the two zones just because it's night time.

Hope this helps.

BTW this info comes straight from Kevin McCurley's book Ball Pythons in Captivity.
    Cheers, Jeff

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Re: ball python what temperature is the warm and cool side supposed to drop to?

Here's a link to the Bp.net caresheet

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...thon-CARESHEET

And another link to the Bp.net Husbandry FAQ

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Husbandry-FAQs

I hope this info will be helpful my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: ball python what temperature is the warm and cool side supposed to drop to?

You can ask a 100 different ball python keepers how they keep their animals temperature wise and you'll probably get 100 different answers. They are pretty easy and adaptable animals, so they can be kept a variety of different ways with success. You'll usually see most people stay between 78-84 degrees cool side, and between 88-95 degrees hotspot. Anywhere in those ranges is fine. Most people (but not all) keep the hotspot set constant 24/7, and may or may not let the cool side temperature change based on time of day/season.

Personally I keep my hospot at about 93-95 degrees 24/7 and 365, and let the ambient air temperature vary seasonally and throughout the day. During hot summer days ill let it get up to 82-84, cooler winter nights as low as 74ish. But again, almost everyone does this a little differently

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk 2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CryHavoc17 For This Useful Post:

Tiffanie (09-29-2014)

Thanks

Talking Re: ball python what temperature is the warm and cool side supposed to drop to?

it did alot thankss