Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

5 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks
    Thanks my friend, all of my fingers are crossed!
    The Cake is a Lie
    John Cordone
    Blue Water Reptiles
    I'm a BOI Good Guy!

Thanks
    Congrats John!
    I'm so glad you were able to confirm your results! Those hatchlings are gorgeous!!
    Here is a pic of our Mojave, Pandora, from this morning.
    She is due to lay in about 4 days, then the wait begins and hopefully we'll see some little ones that look a lot like yours!!

[IMG][/IMG]

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve-J For This Useful Post:

FragginDragon (08-01-2013),SnowShredder (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Best of luck Steve! Man, she is a stunner, I'm a sucker for dark Mojos!
    The Cake is a Lie
    John Cordone
    Blue Water Reptiles
    I'm a BOI Good Guy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FragginDragon For This Useful Post:

Steve-J (08-01-2013)

Thanks

Re: Disco Mojave? Could be......

Halle just shed again, so I thought I'd update the thread with some new pics.

At the rate she's growing, she'll be ready for the 2014-2015 season. What to put with her will be the real head-scratcher for me.

The Cake is a Lie
    John Cordone
    Blue Water Reptiles
    I'm a BOI Good Guy!

Thanks

'This ain't no disco' - Talking Heads.

Well, I have no problem with admitting I'm wrong, and as embarrassed as I am to admit it, it seems this isn't a Disco ball after all. After finally seeing pics(s) of a clean Disco/Mojave posted this year (which is close, but no banana), and three years of trying different pairings, it looks like this is something new after all.

My friend Juan Urbieta as been working with a couple of the offspring I produced from this combination. He's hatched out some weird stuff too. He spoke with Kevin at NERD and Albey at Too Cool Reptiles, and they say they've never seen these before.

Casey Hulse (my best man) has bred with one of the original babies as well, and he was able to reproduce the original look sans the ringers.

I've taken pics of every critter in this breeding project and loaded them in a folder. I've also created a excel spreadsheet showing the pairings as well. I can't attach the excel spreadsheet (invalid file type), so you'd have to download to view.

I invite you to take a look at them and offer input if you have any. Juan will be posting pics of his babies as well.

http://www.bluewaterreptiles.com/Family%20Tree/

The Cake is a Lie
    John Cordone
    Blue Water Reptiles
    I'm a BOI Good Guy!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FragginDragon For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (08-17-2017),Slowcountry Balls (08-23-2017)

BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Very interesting. It looks cool when combined with Blue Eyed Leucisitic genes.

I didn't have a chance to look through all of the photos yet, but have you worked it into anything recessive?

Also, have you bred it to anything in the Black Eyed Leucistic complex to see if it is a separate gene in that complex?

DH2017_02 is rather diferent from its clutch mates, as is DH2017_3 and DH2017_5. If you are thinking incomplete dominate gene, those might be the super forms. I would hope that one is a male and can be bred to a normal (or a visual recessive) to test that theory.

Keep posting, this is an interesting project.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

FragginDragon (08-23-2017)

Thanks

Re: Disco Mojave? Could be......

Quote Originally Posted by Slowcountry Balls View Post
    Very interesting. It looks cool when combined with Blue Eyed Leucisitic genes.

I didn't have a chance to look through all of the photos yet, but have you worked it into anything recessive?

Also, have you bred it to anything in the Black Eyed Leucistic complex to see if it is a separate gene in that complex?

DH2017_02 is rather diferent from its clutch mates, as is DH2017_3 and DH2017_5. If you are thinking incomplete dominate gene, those might be the super forms. I would hope that one is a male and can be bred to a normal (or a visual recessive) to test that theory.

Keep posting, this is an interesting project.
    I bred the father (now calling it a Tawny Ball) to his daughter (Tawny/Mojave) to see if I got any white babies, none. If it's part of the Black Eyed complex, out of six eggs I would have thought I had gotten at least one. I'll be doing another breeding this season with a Super Fire to put that possibility to the test one more time.

Another interesting thing is DH2017-02, -03, and -05 came out looking almost exactly like their mother (Halle) did when she was hatched (and she was the product of the Tawny x Mojave), so I don't think those are supers. Their grandmother (Mojave) has never produced anything for me in the past that wasn't either Normal or Mojave).

I think I'll start a new thread with the update morph name so it doesn't get confused with the obvious error I made on this thread
    The Cake is a Lie
    John Cordone
    Blue Water Reptiles
    I'm a BOI Good Guy!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456