Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,246

1 members and 3,245 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Bearded dragon freaking out and won't eat...

Ok, I've turned off the two 50 Watt bulbs and just left the other one on. I will let you guys know how he's doing...it's been off for a little bit and he already seems to be calming down but he still won't eat. Thanks for all the help!

Thanks

Re: Bearded dragon freaking out and won't eat...

He went over to the cold side about an hour ago and started sleeping...which is really nice to see because I haven't seen him go to sleep for a week. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    Yeah, your cage set up sounds like its too hot. Get him off of the felt though IMO. Substrates are a tricky thing with bearded dragons and everyone has their preference, but I've seen a lot of bearded dragons have green poo when kept on felt because they do end up eating it when they go to lick the ground and get it caught in their mouth. When I was breeding dragons I had great success using crushed walnut shells for what its worth. I have also used the calci-sand with no issues (impaction wise or over heating wise). Make sure you offer your beardy a second hide and not just the one. They arent too expensive to pick up, so give him some options so he can stay secure in the hot or cool side of things. Next thing to do would be to pick up an IR Temp gun and start spot checking your temps. If your house is in the 80's and you are using that huge 150 watt, guessing power sun?, bulb you are probably baking that dragon with 110-115 temps on the ground if not higher, and probably 95 degree ambience in the cages. Once the cage cools down in general, he may return to eating.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

Effinch (08-05-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12