Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,044

2 members and 3,042 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,551
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Not sure how to title this question.. lol

When can you start breeding a female after she has laid eggs. Lets say I start pairing in October this year, and I get eggs early 2013. If she is up to weight around October in 2013, can I breed her again?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Re: Not sure how to title this question.. lol

Absolutely you can start to breed her again in October if she is up to weight again. I have several females that start eating right after laying and pick up the lost weight plus a bit more come time for breeding again and produce great clutches. On the other hand I have several females that will only breed every other year. Just got to make sure they are gaining plenty of weight back before breeding again. Health is the most important thing.
    Brennan Roney
    www.allballedup.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to All Balled Up For This Useful Post:

Rylmad (07-18-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by All Balled Up View Post
    Absolutely you can start to breed her again in October if she is up to weight again. I have several females that start eating right after laying and pick up the lost weight plus a bit more come time for breeding again and produce great clutches. On the other hand I have several females that will only breed every other year. Just got to make sure they are gaining plenty of weight back before breeding again. Health is the most important thing.
    X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Thanks guys!
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Same as above, but you have to remember to take the notes. I like weight and length when I do my equation. I use the ratio of length compared to weight to determine if she is safe to breed.

If you have a female that grows a foot over the year but only gains 300 grams she is probably a little skinny to breed, while another girl that has only grown a couple of inches but puts on that same 300 grams should be thick and ready to breed.
    Last edited by Gloryhound; 07-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks

Re: Not sure how to title this question.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
    Same as above, but you have to remember to take the notes. I like weight and length when I do my equation. I use the ratio of length compared to weight to determine if she is safe to breed.

If you have a female that grows a foot over the year but only gains 300 grams she is probably a little skinny to breed, while another girl that has only grown a couple of inches but puts on that same 300 grams should be thick and ready to breed.
    Hmm.. Does anyone else measure length? I haven't heard of anyone else using this method, but it might be more prevalent than I think.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I disagree with gloryhounds method. Ive also never heard of anyone else doing that. Not every snake carries the weight the same. So what youre saying is if you have a snake thats 3000grams but looks a little skinny bc its long you wont breed her?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    I don't measure length, but I do look for a fuller bodied snake. Granted, if a larger female goes off food, but isn't quite ready to breed too much, I'll breed her to kick her back onto food
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese88 View Post
    I don't measure length, but I do look for a fuller bodied snake. Granted, if a larger female goes off food, but isn't quite ready to breed too much, I'll breed her to kick her back onto food
    I agree with this. I had a 1600 gram mojo female that was not skinny but slender. She didn't breed for me until she fattened up. They use fat storage to build the follicles, if they don't have good (healthy) fat and muscle stores they may not go...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would.

I don't look for them to be back up to weight though, I want them to be back up to weight and then some. It's easy to get them back to their original weight plus another 100-200 grams within 5-6 months. They eat like monsters after they lay.