Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,736

0 members and 2,736 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Best Snake Rack to Purchase?

i have racks from 2 companys ...the 1st one i got was from ReptlieBasics and the tubs rub/startle the snakes everytime i open them, the fit of the tubs make it impossible to close the tubs one handed and almost always spill the water when closing also.....So this being said i decided to try Chris over at CSerpents.....the racks he builds are made with 1/2in material which are a bit thicker than his competitors,i gotta say....i love his product,smooth sliding,perfect amout of clearance in the tops so you dont have to melt air holes in your tubs,several of his racks use Vision tubs which im a fan of.So my vote is for the C-Serpents rack....they got here quick,Chris has been available for consults by text whenever i needed him and they are just plain made well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BillyChainsaw View Post
    i have racks from 2 companys ...the 1st one i got was from ReptlieBasics and the tubs rub/startle the snakes everytime i open them, the fit of the tubs make it impossible to close the tubs one handed and almost always spill the water when closing also.....So this being said i decided to try Chris over at CSerpents.....the racks he builds are made with 1/2in material which are a bit thicker than his competitors,i gotta say....i love his product,smooth sliding,perfect amout of clearance in the tops so you dont have to melt air holes in your tubs,several of his racks use Vision tubs which im a fan of.So my vote is for the C-Serpents rack....they got here quick,Chris has been available for consults by text whenever i needed him and they are just plain made well.

this doesnt mean i think Rich over at R/B makes a bad rack by any means either,plenty of folks have said their tubs slide easily in his racks .....maybe i just got one that was slightly off ...idk,R/B does offer alot of other cool gear at his site as well.....hides,thermostats,crockbowls,ect just about everything you can think of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Best Snake Rack to Purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by ReptileJenna View Post
    I was originally looking at Rhinoraxx, but then I saw that it would take forever to get here (is that true?).!
    My rhinoraxx "ball room" rack came in exactly the lead time specified, pretty much to the day 5 weeks after I placed my order.

I don't know if that counts as "forever" or not.

I've been extremely happy with it, and it was the right rack for my needs at the right price. I like the dual strips of flexwatt, which helps in the cooler months, and that it has four slots. Those are not necessarily features on every rack from every manufacturer with 3 foot long tubs for terrestrial species.

There are lots of good products out there.

Make sure you figure out what kind of rack you need, your needs will differ based on your inside environment. I live in an apartment in Minnesota. It gets hot in the summer, cold in the winter, heating is expensive and cooling (also expensive) the living room via an in-window air conditioner does nothing for the basement. An open-frame rack would be ineffective for any kind of climate control for my scaly friends.

However, with a climate-controlled room, open frame racks are awesome. This is THE way to do it if you have, for example, a warehouse (or even a modest collection that fits in a small room that cna be fitted with custom climate controls) of ball pythons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123