Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,344

1 members and 3,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Venomous?

Quote Originally Posted by heathers*bps View Post
    I love rhinos and eye lash vipers. But one of my favorites that we currently have is this little guy

I love that snake Heather. He's so pretty. Every time you post pictures of him I'm like...*drool*.

Gaboon Vipers are my absolute favorite...and I'm noticing a trend regarding that species. They're just so gorgeous and their little heads are adorable. (I doubt anyone but the snake community would make a statement like that...) Rhinos are gorgeous too. But I also really love Eastern Diamondbacks and Timber Rattlers. Copperheads are also just gorgeous. Bushmasters are really cool looking too. I love their yellows. I think it's safe to say that I love venomous snakes in general, they're fascinating. But I'm too afraid to work with them. I'd love to if I could get over that one day though.

One of my professors was having a discussion about snake keeping with me over lunch the other day and told me about a girl she went to Grad School with who was studying the striking and feeding behaviors of snakes. She worked with all kinds, but her focus was on King Cobras and Black Mambas. She retrained the Cobras in several zoos to eat snakes so that she could study the more natural feeding behavior. That sounds so amazing! Even though vet school is my focus right now, I am also considering going to Grad School for Functional Morphology and studying snakes...(since herpetology programs are non-existent now... )

- Nakita

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WarriorPrincess90 For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (07-17-2012)

Thanks

I have always loved the gaboon and the rhino, and always thought their hybrid was stellar. I also really like the albino and leucistic versions of the rattlers and monocled cobras. NOW, recently I saw the Mangshan Viper, I really think they are the best looking snake alive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

I think I would have to say my favorite would be the leucistic cobras. A close second would be the bush vipers, I mean look at that >

Gaboons are awesome.
    Rattlers are another I'm quite fond of and living in AZ, I have seen quite a few. My favorite would probably be the timber rattler for how black they are:

I don't plan to ever own any hots, although I would love to I just don't want the risk. The only exception to this will be if I do become a veterinarian I would eventually like to do some work studying venom and various diseases in snakes that are not well understood.
    Last edited by Coleslaw007; 07-17-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw007 View Post
    I think I would have to say my favorite would be the leucistic cobras. A close second would be the bush vipers, I mean look at that >

Gaboons are awesome.
    Rattlers are another I'm quite fond of and living in AZ, I have seen quite a few. My favorite would probably be the timber rattler for how black they are:

I don't plan to ever own any hots, although I would love to I just don't want the risk. The only exception to this will be if I do become a veterinarian I would eventually like to do some work studying venom and various diseases in snakes that are not well understood.
    Wow, that snake is gorgeous.

Some of the most beautiful creatures are the most dangerous.
    I think their power adds to their beauty, though.
    -Hanna :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Navy For This Useful Post:

4Ballz (07-30-2012)

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts
    Mangshan viper
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iCandiBallPythons For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (07-17-2012)

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

I love Rattlesnakes BUT will never get a hot, to much risk involved for me.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks
    Umm, this is tough... If I'm staying state side I'd go with a canebrake. But internationally king cobras come to mind also mambas come to mind but I think the most beautiful is a belcher's sea snake.

Thanks
    My favorite is definitely the black mamba, those little suckers are fast and beautiful to boot.

I am dying to one day get a venomous snake (no pun intended). They are just such an amazing creature to own. I would make a huge natural display tank for it.

I'm pretty good at handling snakes, and I have some slightly venomous ones already. One of them is a real meanie and tries to bite me all the time. It's been great practice, because I now am excellent with a snake hook and tube.

Thanks
    I will never ever own a hot but if I did it would be a Gaboon. They are absolutely beautiful snakes!
    My Collection
    Snakes
    1.0 Mojave (Twizzler)
    0.1 Dumerils (Cerin)
    1.0 Hypo BCI (Vero)

1.1 Dogs (Krackers & Ripley)

Tarantulas & Other Arachnids
    0.2 G. rosea, 0.0.1 P. murinus, 0.0.1 B. sabulosum, 0.0.1 L. difficilis, 0.0.1 A. geniculata
    0.0.1 A. versicolor, 0.0.1 L. parahybana, 0.0.1 Hapalopus sp columbia, 0.0.1 B. vagans
    0.0.1 Asian Forest Scorpion

Lizards
    1.0 Tokay Gecko

Thanks
    Definitely Timber Rattlesnakes and Copperheads. I want to own each once my kids are either a little bit older or out of the house all together.
    Bruce
    Top Shelf Herps
    1.0 Pastel (Gypsos)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pinstripe (B-Dub)
    1.0 Sable het Hypo (Flat Top)
    1.0 Lesser Platinum (Sean2)
    1.1 Lemonback (Einstein.Elsa)
    0.1 Pied (unnamed)
    0.1 Pinstripe het Hypo (Chopper)
    0.1 het VPI Axanthic (Vanilla)
    0.1 Spider 50% het VPI Axanthic (Serine)
    0.1 Hypo (Bella)
    0.1 het Hypo (Hooker)
    0.1 Cinnamon (Nutmeg)
    0.1 Normal (Jane)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast