Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,439

3 members and 3,436 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

HERP WORLD EXPO San Jose, California

I'm going!!!!Our goal is to be in the first 100 people when it opens because they give out a free zoo med gift bag!!
    I'ts going to be so fun!!! I might even end up getting my ball python there if I can figure out the cage temps.. d:
    (Happening next weekend)

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Don't expect much from the gift bag lol the one I got at Repticon Orlando was pretty much filled with ads and a bunch of samples of different foods/additives (mostly turtle stuff) hopefully these are better!

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the show.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Serpent Merchant For This Useful Post:

Capray (07-13-2012)

Thanks
    I/we will be there! We will be helping out Rons Reptiles! Maybe we will see you!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    I will be there!
    I'm not really planning on bringing home a snake, but who knows. ;P

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: HERP WORLD EXPO San Jose, California

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    Don't expect much from the gift bag lol the one I got at Repticon Orlando was pretty much filled with ads and a bunch of samples of different foods/additives (mostly turtle stuff) hopefully these are better!

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the show.
    Don't expect much from the San Jose show period. It's been pretty pathetic the last three years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    Don't expect much from the San Jose show period. It's been pretty pathetic the last three years.
    Is it worth going to then? I've only been to the Sacramento shows so I don't know how SJ is going to be.

Thanks
    Yea, San Jose show isn't a great show. The sac show beats it hands down for the norcal shows. If you can manage, narbc or pamona are even better. Those are socal tho...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Is it worth going to then? I've only been to the Sacramento shows so I don't know how SJ is going to be.
    Nikki, that's a question you're gonna have to answer for yourself. For me - no.

The San Jose and old San Mateo shows were very similar - LLL, the EBV Ron's and the Serpentarium usually show up but the show does not have a ton of oddball species or even a good selection of ball python morphs there. You are not going to find cages or racks. There is a better selection of animals at GBU or the EBV. You can even call Jeff at FB and ask to see their ball python collection (as a buyer) in their Turlock HQ and probably enjoy it more.

The Sacramento show is always better. The best thing about the San Jose show is that, in comparison to the Sacramento show, it's a lot easier to park. That ain't saying much.

I have found the San Jose show to be kind of depressing........................
    Last edited by Skiploder; 07-17-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks
    San Jose was a better show than sac last year. Everyone hyped up the sac show last year and I was disappointed! And the cost to vend in sac was crazy high and I didn't even break even on it! It's easier to wheel and deal with vendors that aren't fighting to break even!
    5.3 normals, 3.1 mojave, 2.4 pastels, 1.0 yellow belly, 1.1 cinnamon, 1.1 het pied, 1.0 pastel/yellowbelly
    Also: Burmese, Retic, RTBs, kenyans, dumerils, hognose, corns, milk, king, uromastyx, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, dart frogs, tortoises, tarantulas, cockatiels, reef tanks, dogs, cats, chickens, goat, rats and???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Yea, San Jose show isn't a great show. The sac show beats it hands down for the norcal shows. If you can manage, narbc or pamona are even better. Those are socal tho...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah. I've heard the Socal shows are way better, but I wasn't able to attend at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    Nikki, that's a question you're gonna have to answer for yourself. For me - no.

The San Jose and old San Mateo shows were very similar - LLL, the EBV Ron's and the Serpentarium usually show up but the show does not have a ton of oddball species or even a good selection of ball python morphs there. You are not going to find cages or racks. There is a better selection of animals at GBU or the EBV. You can even call Jeff at FB and ask to see their ball python collection (as a buyer) in their Turlock HQ and probably enjoy it more.

The Sacramento show is always better. The best thing about the San Jose show is that, in comparison to the Sacramento show, it's a lot easier to park. That ain't saying much.

I have found the San Jose show to be kind of depressing........................
    That sounds like a sad show. I'll probably still go just for fun though.
    I go to GBU often because my friends own the store. They have a nice verity. Same with EBV. So it's kind of disheartening to hear that the show will have less of a selection.
    I should call Jeff to see his balls. I've been to FB twice to pick up rat breeding stuff, but I didn't realize he kept his balls there too. Thank you for the heads up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast