Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,450

1 members and 3,449 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Humane Society Day Camp

After working with my local humane society for the last few years, they finally found out I do reptiles so this year, I was asked to come do presentations for their kids day camps they hold to teach about responsible reptile ownership. I've done this with my corns and beardie for years but this was the first time with the balls. To make a long story short, the balls stole the show and are the reason we went 30 minutes over our scheduled time (the kids didn't want me putting the snakes back!). Here are some pics. That's me with the ponytail trying not to hover too much...

My big pastave boy on his first time out! He did wonderfully and didn't mind getting passed around.

My albino girl. She was a little more shy but after telling the kids that she 'was a baby' and they had to move really slow, she warmed up to them.

Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracoluna For This Useful Post:

RetiredJedi (07-10-2012)

Thanks

Re: Humane Society Day Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoluna View Post

Pretty cool!!! This kid looks like a future herper.
    1.0 Boxer (Boba…@bobatheboxer on IG)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blaming the leader of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their leader."
    ~unknown~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Re: Humane Society Day Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Pretty cool!!! This kid looks like a future herper.
    He is I have a feeling. He handled all four snakes I brought and was comfortable from the start with them (including my young corn who was a little jumpy). When we were done, he told me he was going to talk to his parents about getting a ball python because he absolutely fell in love with Reg. Didn't want to let him go.
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband