Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

0 members and 3,216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My personal opinion as to something they should add to BP.net

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I think it is important that everyone know why he is posting this. He asked yesterday for us to tell him a good snake to train with before getting a venomous snake. Everybody responded respectfully that we thought it was a better idea to get a mentor to help guide him in to collecting hots, not just for his safety but for the safety of our rights as collectors.

He then posted that he wanted to get a retic since they weren't band and got large. At the time a few of us started to think he was just posting for a reaction from us.

I now see that he is crying because we didn't endorse his death wish and we gave him a path that would require work and maturity.

OP,
    Go buy your cobra and poke him with your stick, we can't stop you. And though it is obvious you are not into taking the given advise please do as someone stated on your other post and leave a note stating you were told what to do but choose to be pig headed and blaze your own path.

Grow up
    How the heck does that make you think I was trying to get reaction? I am telling the dead truth, I posted that BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING A RETICULATED PYTHON!!!!!!! I HAVE THE SPACE, TIME, FOOD, AND ALL THAT!!!!!!! So really I do give you respect for posting this because I would do the exact same thing, but that part was really uncalled for. Seriously man.
    Hi i'm Californiakingsnake
    0.1 Girlfriend (Peachies)
    0.0.1 Columbian redtail boa
    1.0 Albino california kingsnake
    1.1 Leopard gecko
    1.4 normal ball python (1.2 het for albino)
    1.1 pastel ball python
    1.0 Mojave ball python
    1.1 albino
    1.0 pinstripe
    1.0 aussie/beagle mix pup(Fez)
    "more herps will go here eventually as I get them"

Thanks
    I feel compelled to point out that starting multiple threads about deleting posts has only drawn more attention to the original thread that OP is so anxious to erase from history. Funny how that can happen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    0.1 sulfur
    0.1 hypo enchi
    0.1 crystal
    1.0 vanilla cream het hypo
    0.1 leopard cinnamon
    1.0 calico pastave
    1.0 hypo black pewter lesser
    0.1 hypo black pewter yellow belly
    0.1 pastel lesser

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fidget For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (07-30-2012),Slim (07-09-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (07-09-2012),wolfy-hound (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Go read the post from yesterday. Another member said something like I HOPE YOUR NOT DOING THIS FOR THE SHOCK VALUE. So I'm not the only one that thought maybe you were only posting things for the "shock value."

When you start endangering the rights and freedoms of a group of people over somethve things can easily get heated. However your post started off very nice it just didn't give you the answer you wanted.

If you have what a adult retic would need that's great. But without being responsible about it they to will be banned one day. So far you have not proven you have that responsibility yet and therefor cause us to have concerns with it.

Yesterday you showed us you were not willing to go the responsible route and instead take short cuts. You gained no respect as a reptile collector with your disregard for your safety and for the community.

By the way just because you are interested in something doesn't mean you should have one. Example: I'm interested in having a rhino, but I'm sure my neighbors would be alittle concerned to know i had one in my backyard.

Now you make this post?

Where did I leave my internet eraser?
    Last edited by KMG; 07-09-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by californiakingsnake View Post
    How the heck does that make you think I was trying to get reaction? I am telling the dead truth, I posted that BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING A RETICULATED PYTHON!!!!!!! I HAVE THE SPACE, TIME, FOOD, AND ALL THAT!!!!!!! So really I do give you respect for posting this because I would do the exact same thing, but that part was really uncalled for. Seriously man.
    Have you ever worked with large constrictors? I'm not saying you haven't, but I get bummed out everytime I read about somebody's large snake killing them.
    0.1 Wife (Karisa)
    0.2 Normal BP (Kenzi, Snakespeare)
    1.0 Albino BP (Tiberious)
    1.0 Bumblebee BP (Bartlebee)
    1.0 Pinstripe BP (Sampson)
    1.3 Cornsnakes (Izzy, Silky Johnson, Serenity, & Molly)
    0.1 BCI (Athena)
    0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Medusa & Daisy)
    1.0 Hognose (Alejandro)
    0.1 Albino Granite Burm (Fury)
    1.0 Pueblan Milksnake (Artimus)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reptar)
    0.0.1 Heosemys Grandis (Bowser)

Thanks

Yes I have, mostly boas and I have been around some burms in my life. I know you are going to be like "oh a boa isnt a large snake" and I know its not a large snake compared to a retic, but its a good start.
    1.1 Leopard gecko
    1.1 pastel ball python
    1.0 Mojave ball python
    1.1 albino
    1.0 pinstripe

Thanks
    Now you brought your original post to top. You should have let it die.
    KMG

Thanks

What exactly are you talking about? The guy asked me a question and I gave him an answer.
    1.1 Leopard gecko
    1.1 pastel ball python
    1.0 Mojave ball python
    1.1 albino
    1.0 pinstripe

Thanks

What exactly are you talking about? The guy asked me a question and I gave him an answer.
    Like I said you brought attention to it and brought your HOT post to the top of the threads. If you let it die and not respond it will fade away.

And for someone that wants to go to college in that field I would expect you to jump at the chance to work with a mentor.
    KMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Like I said you brought attention to it and brought your HOT post to the top of the threads. If you let it die and not respond it will fade away.

And for someone that wants to go to college in that field I would expect you to jump at the chance to work with a mentor.
    If only people near me like snakes like I do.. to them the only good snake is a dead snake.
    1.1 Leopard gecko
    1.1 pastel ball python
    1.0 Mojave ball python
    1.1 albino
    1.0 pinstripe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    To the original purpose of the thread...
    No, I don't thinkt hat anyone should be allowed to delete their posts.

Why not? Some time back(not regarding you), there was a member that I saw in other places on the net posting argumentive nasty stuff, then once she got the "boot to the head" from people instead of them thinking she was cool for posting stupid garbage, she would delete the posts, and claim she never ever posted it. Even when people showed screen shots of what she posted, she tried to deny it. She's still a tool but she doesn't tend to post stupid stuff on the major sites... that happen to NOT allow deleting posts.

People post all kinds of garbage on the net. Then they want to just go back and delete it and think that THAT action will mean they didn't ever do it. Sorry, but you can't erase history. You did it. You posted all the stuff that you posted. Instead of wanting to have someone hide what you did... use it. Own up to what you said, how you acted, learn from it.

Apologizing for things you regret actually gain you way more respect than trying to erase it from view and deny it happened. Apologizing can show that you did learn, that you understand what people were trying to say, or just that you can see their point of view, even if you still don't think you were wrong in what you plan to do. Maybe it's apologizing for how you said something, if you think what you said wasn't bad, but it was taken the wrong way.

Insisting that a site alter the way they do things, just because you NOW regret spouting off before is childish. The fact that you can't delete your posts is in the stuff before you signed up. If you don't think you are in the wrong, why would you want the thread deleted? Do you think that other people's opinions should be allowed on here?

Just think it over. A lot of folks start out on the wrong foot... but they gain a lot by talking with folks on here. Looking for a shortcut to a controversial practice(even within the herp-keeping hobby, keeping hots is still cause for discussion), that's just asking for lots of opinions. And being around a burm isn't the same as keeping a retic, but there's plenty of giant keepers on here that CAN advise you.. once you're showing you aren't just baiting people or not willing to listen to information.

- - - Updated - - -

If only people near me like snakes like I do.. to them the only good snake is a dead snake.
    The truth is, there's probably people nearer to you than you are aware. But they don't run about advertising that they keep hots. In general, the experienced people who keep hots properly keep them quietly and don't brag about it. Talking on sites like these is a good way to possibly gain knowledge about how to go about locating possible mentors. Shortcutting and wanting to jump in without any training from a knowledgeable person is a bad bad bad impression to give though.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

californiakingsnake (07-09-2012),JLC (07-10-2012),Mft62485 (07-09-2012)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast