Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,204

0 members and 1,204 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,582
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User ShamelessAardvark's Avatar
    Thanks

Starting to get a little irritated...

So the other day, I wanna say Wednesday, I found a great deal on Kingsnake. 1.0 mojave and 0.1 pastel, $150 each plus shipping. I shoot the guy an email (no names for now, I'll get to why later) asking for weights and more pictures. I never got a reply, so the next day, I called (I'm really nervous about talking on the phone, so I usually email/text first. Regardless, on with the story.) The breeder answers the phone and I explain that I was interested in the mojave and pastel if they were still available, and I explained that I had sent an email but hadn't got a reply. Breeder tells me he'll log on and reply, and we can work out a deal from there. He says (in the email) he'll sell them to me for $275 shipped, and I reply saying that I'm in on the deal, and that I'd love to make a purchase. No reply for two days. So, I called again. He answers, but the connection is really poor, so either he hung up, or the line was dropped. I waited a few minutes and called again, but there was no answer. The next day, (so what, we're on Saturday? Either Saturday or Friday.) I call again, and still don't get an answer, so I leave a message explaining that I had emailed him about the snakes and that I wanted to make a purchase, so I left my name and number, get back to me soon please, etc. I re-sent the email later that day, thinking it was mistaken for spam.

Fast-forward to today, Sunday. Still no reply, and no answers when I call. I tried calling from my house phone and my cell phone, and the phone always rings out to voice mail. I found the breeder on Facebook and sent him a message there explaining in a nutshell what I've just typed out, and that I'm still interested in a purchase if the animals are available. I only sent the message about an hour ago, so I haven't got a reply yet. His time-zone is only an hour behind mine, so it's not like I'm calling at unreasonable hours in the night or something.

I've heard nothing but good about this breeder. I guess that's the kicker? I really don't want to be the guy who brings a great breeder down, but this just isn't what good breeders do. What should I even do in this situation? There's only one contact number, one email, and one Facebook. Am I being ignored? I never did anything in the beginning to warrant being ignored, I mean, hell, I told him I would love to buy these animals, I still do.
    "The trick is not minding that it hurts."

1.4 Normals
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel het Caramel
    1.0 Mystic
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 het Albino
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    0.0.1 Tokay Gecko
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Hypo Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko
    1.0 Sphynx cat "Fish"
    1.0 Sphynx Cat (Mufasa) I miss you, baby. I hope that wherever you are, there are plenty of flies to chase. <3

Thanks
    Just give him a little more time. It's probably nothing personal. He may of had a family emergency or is super slammed and hasn't got back to you yet. From Wednesday to Friday is only 2 business days and Saturday and Sunday may be his relax days. Patiences is a virtue.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Were it me, I'd pass. My time is valuable as is my money; I work my butt off to earn every penny I bring in and from the effort you're putting into trying to reach this person to get the response you have (or lack thereof for any type of real response), I'd walk on that deal. Spend a little more in the process, maybe, from another breeder for the same animals/morphs but for me personally, it's all about customer service. I've dealt with some incredible people who treated my $950 purchase as though it was a $50,000+ ultramel candy banana morph, lol! and when I buy in the future, I'll go back to those businesses/individuals. Obviously it's entirely up to you as to how you elect to handle it but for the span of time you're talking with that breeder making no apparent effort to get back to you, I'd do my talking elsewhere by spending with someone else. On the flip side, things come up and life can throw even the best of people a curveball so maybe it's just that on his/her end...doubtful, but I dunno...maybe I'm just impatient. My two cents, anyway. Good luck!
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

4. The Following User Says Thank You to youbeyouibei For This Useful Post:

fedele (07-09-2012)

Thanks

Re: Starting to get a little irritated...

He could be just busy with other things and probably didn't plan to ship out until next week. Still no excuse to leave you hanging though.If he truly were busy, he could have said he'll reach out to you on Monday the earliest.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I agree with you 100%, you shouldn't feel like your being ignored or anything but you also need to understand some of the breeders are constantly getting emails, phone calls, and everything. and if it is just them that handle the business its hard to get back to everyone right away. esp now that it is breeding season and babies are hatching. i say wait till tomorrow afternoon if you done get a response call again. check your spam and junk email boxes. i enameled ralph(RDR) a question and waited a week and no reply,figured he didn't answer me, then i checked my junk email and there was his email, and he responded in 3 hours.
    Hell i just bought a pin het albino from BHB and sometimes it took Lori 2-3 days to answer me back but i understood because it is breeding season and they get a lot of emails and phone calls all day long. but it didn't change my mind and i am happy with my purchase from them and the little girl ate today also soon as she got home.
    Tom
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

Thanks

it has happend to me before too. i just didn't think it was good service on their part so i passed on that breeder and went on to the next breeder wich had a better looking snake at the same price.

1.0 albino
    0.1 black pastel 66% het. albino
    1.0 cinny

Thanks

I understand where a few of you are coming from with being patient. I'm usually a very flexible and patient person, but I feel when it comes to this stuff, one should try their best to be prompt with their feedback, you know? If I'm not getting a reply because of an emergency or something related, then that's completely fine, I can relate to that. I don't really know where I'm going with this, hah. I just really don't want to miss out on this deal, and I'd be awfully upset if I finally got a hold of the breeder only to find out he sold the snakes to someone else. :/

1.4 Normals
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel het Caramel
    1.0 Mystic
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 het Albino
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    0.0.1 Tokay Gecko
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    1.0 Sphynx cat "Fish"
    1.0 Sphynx Cat (Mufasa) I miss you, baby. I hope that wherever you are, there are plenty of flies to chase. <3

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I would just sit back and not worry about it too much. Deals come and go. I have passed on more deals than I have taken.

Shop the snake not the deal and all will be good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

youbeyouibei (07-08-2012)

Thanks
    I say move along. I recently got treated like that by a breeder - went to his retail store in person and stood around being ignored for 10 minutes. When I realized no one was going to even ask me if I needed anything, I left. You're the customer. You want to spend a good deal of money, and give it to this person - they should be treating you a HECK of a lot better than this!

That's my 2 cents.

1.0 Normal BP - Nico
    1.0 Pinstripe - Vinnie
    0.1 Cinnamon - Jezebel
    0.1 Spider - Lila
    0.1 Desert - Lara

1.0 Cal King - Slick
    0.0.1 Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko - Donovan
    3.1 Felines - Serin, Rocci, Alexavier, Lily
    0.1 Canine - Susie Q

Thanks

Alright, I just got a reply to the Facebook message I sent a few hours ago; The breeder is going to be out of country for a few days but will be able to do business upon his return.

Heh, now I feel like an annoying customer, and I feel incredibly whiny. Thanks for putting up with me guys! -sheepishly walks away from the conversation-

1.4 Normals
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Pastel het Caramel
    1.0 Mystic
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 het Albino
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    0.0.1 Tokay Gecko
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon
    1.0 Sphynx cat "Fish"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast