Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

0 members and 3,278 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    yeah she is a normal

Thanks

Re: I think I got lied to...help ID'ing our baby

To be honest, I did a lot of research on ball pythons in general, but not into the morphs. I did numerous web searches, read books, talked to people at the pet stores, etc. I thought all this would be sufficient. When I look back now, I realize how ignorant I was. We were just excited to be able to purchase her, and for only $60. Since purchasing her, we have done an extensive amount of research into morphs and more into ball python care. I didn't join this site until after our purchase and I just wish I had done so BEFORE we thought about a purchase. I didn't realize that I would be so welcomed. Nor did I think that anyone would have the patience to help us out. I was wrong. I can't pull myself away from this site as there is so much to learn from it.
    It's a long term commitment which I don't take lightly, so I am upset with myself for being duped. I've contacted the "breeder" and she had said she would tell me the name/number of the other breeder she worked with who sexed and verified her morph, but I haven't heard back from her. I also informed her I would like to bring her back...no word from her yet. I'm convinced she isn't a pastel...though I hung onto the hope for a long time just out of pride.
    We are now on the hunt for a mojave female baby. Taking it slower this time and dealing with known breeders. We hate to see her go, but we don't have the ability to keep 2 snakes at this time. I hope and pray we aren't making another mistake.

Colleen
    0.1.0 19-yr-old kitty
    1.0.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
    0.1.0 ball python

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C2cwith3 For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (07-15-2012),heathers*bps (07-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Well, I don't think you will be making a mistake, since you joined here and are willing to absorb all the info offered. Mojaves are lovely. Hope you find a snake you are happy with.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    So the breeder is saying she sold you a pastel for $60. That is lower than the big box stores regularly sale normal BP. They put them on sale all the time but the listed price is $80.

I think you should just keep it for that price and buy one later from a breeder that knows what they are doing when you decide to start breeding.

Maybe we should have asked the price first. Lol! That would have saved you alot of time fighting with this so called breeder.

Keep your pretty girl.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

I know that $60 seems low, as they are on sale right now for $39.99 at the local store, but I'm not upset as to the price. I am upset that we fell in love with something that wasn't what she was supposed to be.
    0.1.0 19-yr-old kitty
    1.0.0 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
    0.1.0 ball python

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Seems like the breeder isn't going to make it right, looks like its time to release his/her name so the rest of us do not do buisness with them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (07-15-2012),Skittles1101 (07-23-2012)

Thanks

[QUOTE=C2cwith3;1873220]To be honest, I did a lot of research on ball pythons in general, but not into the morphs. I did numerous web searches, read books, talked to people at the pet stores, etc. I thought all this would be sufficient. When I look back now, I realize how ignorant I was. We were just excited to be able to purchase her, and for only $60. Since purchasing her, we have done an extensive amount of research into morphs and more into ball python care. I didn't join this site until after our purchase and I just wish I had done so BEFORE we thought about a purchase. I didn't realize that I would be so welcomed. Nor did I think that anyone would have the patience to help us out. I was wrong. I can't pull myself away from this site as there is so much to learn from it.
    It's a long term commitment which I don't take lightly, so I am upset with myself for being duped. I've contacted the "breeder" and she had said she would tell me the name/number of the other breeder she worked with who sexed and verified her morph, but I haven't heard back from her. I also informed her I would like to bring her back...no word from her yet. I'm convinced she isn't a pastel...though I hung onto the hope for a long time just out of pride.
    We are now on the hunt for a mojave female baby. Taking it slower this time and dealing with known breeders. We hate to see her go, but we don't have the ability to keep 2 snakes at this time. I hope and pray we aren't making another mistake.

Colleen[/QUOTE

Breeders like this that prey upon new bp owners/prospective owners...make me sick! The lesson that was learned though, was a very good one...

If you are not sure of the morph of a bp or just want a second opinion, come here first with pic in hand and the community here at Ball-pythons.net will be here to save the day, money and heartache!
    Last edited by AJs Snake House; 07-15-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    Balls:
    0.1 '?? Normal
    0.1 '10 Pastel
    0.1 '10 Yellowbelly het Genetic Stripe
    1.0 '11 Lesser
    1.0 '09 Lesser
    1.0 '11 Fire
    1.0 '07 Spider
    1.0 '11 Black Pastel

1.0 '81 Husband
    2.0 '03/'10 Offspring
    Gravid with 1.0.1 twins due Oct 9th 2012

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AJs Snake House For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (07-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Seems like the breeder isn't going to make it right, looks like its time to release his/her name so the rest of us do not do buisness with them.
    X2

If it seems to good to be true it usually is!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by C2cwith3 View Post
    I know that $60 seems low, as they are on sale right now for $39.99 at the local store, but I'm not upset as to the price. I am upset that we fell in love with something that wasn't what she was supposed to be.
    Yea, about $100 bucks low. The good news is you fell in love with a normal at a normal price not a normal at pastel price. Every bp owner needs a normal in the collection without it the collection is not complete.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I agree with this. If you let their name out, someone else who is a first time buyer will not fall victim to this in the future.
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I am truly sorry this happened to you. It's not a good introduction into ball pythons. I understand about only having room for one. But be warned, they are very addicting and it's hard to stop at one!

I would do my best to convince the breeder to take her back, but be forewarned it doesn't seem likely at this point. If you have your heart set on a mojave, at least they are easy to spot!

I wish you all the best, regardless of what happens.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast