Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

2 members and 3,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Sad (graphic) story with happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by heathers*bps View Post
    I do just want to add, that while hitting animals while driving is extremely sad, if it comes down to hitting an animal or crashing my family into trees, a ditch, a house, etc., I'm picking the animal.
    x2 lol. My life and the life of my truck is way more important than an animal that decides to run out in front of me. Ive actually been driving for almost 3 years now and havent killed anything yet lol.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    gsharchie the woman stopped asked if it was my dog, I told her no, and she said well ---- it then and sped off.

coleslaw007 I don't think I could of handled your situation, and I'm truly glad I was put in a position to find if I could for couldn't

And I agree an animal is less important to me than injury to a family member so yes I would hit an animal to protect my family. But I also drive as defensively as possible to avoid those types of situations where I have to choose between one life or another. Also I hate when people don't care/go out of there way to harm an animal.

Thanks
    Honestly, the lady may have had no idea she even hit it. I was in a car with a friend once and they hit what I think was a puppy. I saw it in the passenger mirror. They had no idea what happened and were horrified.

Thanks
    Well done!
    0.1 Dinker (Goliath), 1.1 Het Ghost (Hercules & Athena), 1.0 Lesser (Titan), 0.1 Het Albino (Arya), 0.1 Wild Caught (Cleopatra), 1.1 Het VPI Axanthic (Perseus & Aphrodite), 1.0 Albino (Midas), 1.0 Butter (Samson), 0.1 Spider (Delilah), 1.1 Mojave (Apollo & Pandora), 0.1 Yellowbelly (Venus), 1.1 Het Pied (Isis & Osiris), 1.0 Bumblebee (Orion), 1.0 (Poss G Stripe) Pied (Spartacus), 0.1 Normal (Bandit), 1.0 Albino Burm (Caesar),2.1 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, 0.0.1 African Dwarf Frog, 0.0.2 Vicious Fishes, 1.0 child, 1.0 husband

In Loving Memory: 1.0 Pastel Zeus, 0.1 het Albino Anya

I'm a girl, I have snakes, I have tattoos, and I have piercings.

The more I talk to humans, the more I prefer my snakes.

http://www.iherp.com/julieinnj

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookitie View Post
    Honestly, the lady may have had no idea she even hit it. I was in a car with a friend once and they hit what I think was a puppy. I saw it in the passenger mirror. They had no idea what happened and were horrified.
    The dog was lab mix and every bit of 50 lbs. I'm confident she knew she hit it by her asking if it was my dog. It was an accident no doubt but she didn't care if it was alive or dead or suffering then drove off as of nothing happened.
    Last edited by ChrisS; 07-04-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    That's terrible. I'm glad you didn't go through my situation either.

The one we tried to help was a little Jack Russell terrier and his tag said his name was 'Pistachio.' It somehow made it a lot worse knowing his name. When the owner texted and told me that they couldn't save him I just started bawling.

I know the person didn't care because they didn't stop, slow down, nothing. There were a lot of cars driving and no one did, the nose it made was too loud not to have noticed I'm fairly certain.

I do agree, of course I'm not risking my own neck or people I love's in the event of an animal being in the road but I would at least try to avoid hitting the animal if possible and more importantly I would stop and see if I could help it or at least show some freaking compassion.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks
    I was driving to my favorite fishing hole about a month ago and saw this woman's bull mastiff jump out of the bed of her pickup truck on I20 in texas. I pulled over and helped her carry the dog back to her truck, the whole time she's crying and saying she knows where local vet office is in the town 5 minutes away. As I picked up the dog from the "front" end, I FELT him die in my hands. I was so angry and frustrated that she had her dog in the bed of a truck ON AN INTERSTATE HIGHWAY that I didn't have the heart to tell her the dog was already gone. Please, DON'T CARRY YOUR DOG IN THE BED OF A PICKUP TRUCK! They are family members, and deserve to ride INSIDE the vehicle

- - - Updated - - -

I cried for 3 hours after helping this woman load a beautiful dead dog into her truck.

Thanks
    I seriously dont get people. If your not smart enough to realize that putting your dog something you love in the bed of a truck an driving on an interstate is an accident waiting to happen then you shouldnt be owning a dog in the first place. people seriously piss me off

Thanks

Re: Sad (graphic) story with happy ending.

happens enough that vets have a "anachronism" for it... they call them PDI's... Pickup Dog Injuries. Makes me sick thinking about that beautiful dog in the bed of that truck. She lost her balance and wound up OUT of the bed... it all happened in less than one second. The woman told me her dog was 4 years old as we were carrying her back to her truck... What a friggin WASTE of a beautiful dog's life

- - - Updated - - -

the dog was not hit by a car or anything... she just hit the pavement so hard with her owner's truck doing 80 mph, there was no chance for her to survive

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoduck View Post
    happens enough that vets have a "anachronism" for it... they call them PDI's... Pickup Dog Injuries. Makes me sick thinking about that beautiful dog in the bed of that truck. She lost her balance and wound up OUT of the bed... it all happened in less than one second. The woman told me her dog was 4 years old as we were carrying her back to her truck... What a friggin WASTE of a beautiful dog's life

- - - Updated - - -

the dog was not hit by a car or anything... she just hit the pavement so hard with her owner's truck doing 80 mph, there was no chance for her to survive
    Grrr!
    I hate when people just leave their dogs in the back of their trucks. A lot don't even tie them down.

My dog means the world to me, and she is only allowed to be INSIDE the vehicle, in the back seat, on her SEATBELT.

As far as my knowledge, I have never hit an animal. I'm not looking forward to the day it happens either because I know it's eventually going to happen.

But if I was to hit a dog, I sure wouldn't just drive away!

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast