Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,957

1 members and 2,956 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,553
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Snafoos

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

Re: Cooking Snafoos

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I call BS aaron!

You + things blowing up= definetly not an accident
    That may be true nowadays... but as a freshman in high school I hadn't yet refined those skills lol

When I pt the water on the pan I expected some steam but not the explosion that came from the pan
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Serpent Merchant For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    That may be true nowadays... but as a freshman in high school I hadn't yet refined those skills lol

When I pt the water on the pan I expected some steam but not the explosion that came from the pan
    *goes into the kitchen and starts to melt butter in a pan at work tommorow*
    muahaha
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Royal Chick (06-30-2012),The Serpent Merchant (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    hahahahhaha lmfao!
    Did it explode?!?!?!
    It didn't explode, per se, but it did rupture and some of the goo ran out of the bag it was in. The microwave went outside and got replaced the next day...
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Serpent Merchant View Post
    I'm a decent cook nowadays... but a few years ago when I was first starting I had a nasty habit of blowing things up lol.

My favorite was when I coated my parents house with butter...

I was making something in a frying pan (don't remember exactly what) but there was a good amount of hot butter in it. Without thinking I went over to the sink and put some cool water on the pan to cool it off a bit. (bad idea in the first place I'm lucky the pan didn't break) What resulted was the biggest cloud of butter infused steam imaginable. Pair this with a poorly placed AC return vent that sucked up a bunch of the steam and the fact that we didn't have a filter in the system (we were just about to replace the entire AC system the next day) and the result was every surface in the house getting a thin slippery coating of butter. It took weeks before it was all gone.
    Ewww! Butter slime... Cooking is a trial and error learning experience. My mom was a terrible cook. My Grandma, an exeptionally good cook. I learned from my grandma, and practicing myself, adjusting to my own taste. And believe it or not, lots of tips about cooking from watching different food network shows. I love to cook. Good cooking utensils/pots/pans/equipment, make a world of difference too. My daughter is 8 and has been helping in the kitchen for about 2 years. She has made scrambled eggs mostly by herself, whisking, seasoning, cheese and all, except for an adult supervising the stove top.
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    I think the worst part about my snafoos is that I know a lot about food, flavor, untensils, and the cooking process... I just can't put it into action
    0.1 Normal- Perritas
    0.1 Cinny- Sura
    1.0 Normal- Draco
    1.0 AFT- Grimm
    1.0 Service Dog- Kelevra
    1.0.1 Blood Python- Sixx

Thanks

I've been cooking professionally for 13+ years now...have seen, and been included in, countless errors, lapses in judgements, absentminded mistakes, injuries and the likes...

I'm to the point where I think nothing(literally) can surprise me anymore.
    Last edited by RobNJ; 06-30-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Chick View Post
    I think the worst part about my snafoos is that I know a lot about food, flavor, untensils, and the cooking process... I just can't put it into action
    Keep on trying, it will come together. I had a friend in high school who measured water for hot chocolate, I thought there was no hope for her.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks

Would just like to add that cooking IS easy...sure it takes time to learn, patience, and effort, but it is something anyone willing to put their mind to it can do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobNJ For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    not gonna lie im a pretty good cook. gma an my mom taught me everything i kno. i cook 4-5 nights for everyone in the house. My house has always been the place to be so i have quite a few friends who might as well have house keys. Ill cook everything from spanish chicken an rice to full on guido meals. Dont feel so bad about your cooking accidents. I have quite a few friends who cant even boil water an are forced to eat fast food if i dont cook haha
    Last edited by BallsUnlimited; 06-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    I learned how to cook very well from my grandmother but every once in awhile, something entertaining happens. There was the time I was cooking dinner for my bf and trying to impress him with fresh bread (one of my specialties!) and when I scalded the milk, I didn't let it cool enough before adding the yeast. When it didn't rise, I figured I'd try and bake it anyways. We ended up using the rolls as baseballs and once we were done, the dogs used them as chew toys for awhile. Then there was the lasagna incident.... You know the frozen party sized lasagnas from the store that take 2.5 hours to bake? Well, was doing one of those for a big party we were having, got it in late, so it was around 9 pm before it was done and as I pulled it out of the oven, managed to drop it, upside down, on the floor. After a lot of staring and then expletives, I ordered pizza. Still haven't lived that one down.
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracoluna For This Useful Post:

Royal Chick (07-01-2012)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast