Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,341

2 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hiya me again and again and again! :lol: But seriously Im gonna be lookin to buy my BP in two weeks than Ill have a whole new set of questions, but for now Id like any recomendations you all could make as to where I can find a young BP at a reasonable price. I live in New Jersey ( east coast U.S. ) Ive taken everyones advice thusfar might as well try and buy where you guys think is best. (provided I can afford it of course) :shock:

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Where should I buy my buddy?

well since your kinda close...NERD would be good.
    http://www.newenglandreptile.com/snakeavail.html

there is also a show coming up kinda soon in MD.
    http://www.pythons.com/mdshow.html

Thanks
    Well, here is my suggestion. Yes, you are close to NERD, but they are a bit pricey. I suggest finding a reptile show near you, I have gotten a few BP's from one and only spent $25 for a captive bred and born baby. You would probably find a price pertty close to that. Also, pet shops do carry babies, the only problem is- you are not always sure if they are cb, cbb or wc. So, if you go to a pet store, ask lots of questions, visit the same pet store many times and ask different employees if they are cb, cbb or wc. If you cannot gwt what you feel is a straight answer, speak to the manager.. and if still in doubt, go elsewhere. I am pretty good about "reading" people as far as if they are truthful or know what they are talking about.. so I have had alot of luck. Also, look for a breeder in your area. Hope this helped.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Banned
    Thanks
    The price is worth it, you know it's gonna be a great animal. Since shipping is probly not an option for you, I'll do my best to find you a local breeder. Breeders are often over looked, there are so many who sell cheap quality animals.

Thanks
    I'd suggest a show as well, or just browse the breeders online and if you see one close to you with a snake you like, come back here and ask folks if they've had any experience with that breeder. The only breeder I've dealt with so far is Alan Bosch and he was great but is located in SC and would have to ship to you.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Banned
    Thanks

I think I may have overlooked a snake

1358 Hooper Ave. PMB #267
    Toms River, NJ 08753
    (732) 281-KING (5464)
    Fax (732) 281-1134

Too far away? The place is called Reptile Kingdom, they deal all kinds of herps. I reccomend them, I almost bought a russian tortoise off them but got 2 bp's instead. I've talked with them on the phone, they seem to have it together. 55$ for a cb 2003 ball python.

http://www.reptilekingdom.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think this time of year BP,s are harder to come by their doesnt seem like a whole lot out their. :cry:

Too bad their are no herp shows by me, at least not any time soon.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, if ya feel like waiting till May, or the summer months, everything's going to be hatching so you can get some good deals on an '04 baby. I know waiting sucks though, lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Herp Care Software 2.0 released!

Hey how about "the snake keeper" at ballpython.com anybody ever buy from these guys online?

Thanks
    The SnakeKeeper (Dan and Collette Sutherland) is an industry icon. They are a large, friendly, reliable breeder. They are one of the top names in BP breeding. Other names on par with them are NERD (New England Reptile Distributors), Ralph Davis Reptiles, Pete Kahl Reptiles, and Bob Clark. Certainly there are more, those are just the biggest of the biggies!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast