Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,178

1 members and 3,177 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy Bumblebee bad head wobble....

I purchased a BB and knew nothing about them with head wobble until after i was already paying. most of the time i am not happy with this purchase at all. this snake seems to have two squishy super soft bumps on the backside of her head. like her brain is enlarged, it looks like her head only a bit bigger?? its not deformed or anything,,, what is this? is this because of the neurological condition she has?
    Last edited by JCMorphs; 06-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Re: Bumblebee bad head wobble....

Need to see pics to know if the "squishy bumps" are abnormal. Do you have any video of the wobble?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Annarose15 For This Useful Post:

Andybill (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    All spider morphs have the "wobble". It's not a bad thing at all, some show it more then others. But it in no way should change your opinion on liking the animal. They are awesome, I'd go as far to say that the wobble gives them more personality then most bp's.
    Last edited by Rob; 06-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Andybill (06-19-2012),Annarose15 (06-19-2012),DooLittle (06-19-2012),heathers*bps (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 1,088 Posts
    The head wobble will probably not affect its ability to feed and breed if breeding is a goal you have. granted head wobbles could make them miss a couple times while feeding but they still feed well. My little albino spider has a head wobble and misses her first strike at almost every feeding but like rob said I think it gives her a little more personality! I wouldnt trade her for the world!
    -Andrew Hall-

Good night Chesty, wherever you are....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andybill For This Useful Post:

Rob (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Ps. My spider has the best feeding reaction of any of my animals. She is a feeding machine.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am not gonna comment on the
    seems to have two squishy super soft bumps on the backside of her head
    since I have no idea on what you are talking about without a picture.

I will however comment on the wobble, it is possible that the animal was a mild wobbler and that it is now more severe due to the stress that occurred during shipping.

Try to leave him alone and provide temps no hotter than 88 on the hot side.

Or if you are really unhappy you can always contact the seller and see what you two can workout.

Wobble can increase and/or decrease over time however it will always be present which is why it is always very important to research an animal before acquiring it to know what to expect.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (06-19-2012),heathers*bps (06-19-2012),PitOnTheProwl (06-19-2012)

Thanks
    I can voice on the opinion of the buyer here... It's very upsetting to have an animal turn out to be not what you expected at all. You build it up in your head, and remain disappointed. It happens. And it's definitely heartbreaking.

I would follow the advice provided by Deborah. Let the snake settle and see how it is. In the meantime, while it is settling, I would contact the buyer and let them know how you feel. Not rude, but explain that you weren't aware it had a bad wobble? (Severity of the wobble can be established by people here if you can get a video of it.)

But, keep with it. The disappointment goes away.

I was upset when I got my Leopard gecko. He seemed in fine health.. until I came in the next day to find his leg bent at a 90 angle were there are no joints. He broke it. When taken to a vet and x-rayed, we determined he had a bone infection that had caused 'holes' in his arm similar to MBD. Thus, the bone 'snapped'. I was told that my brand new, perfect little Leo would have a permenantly bent arm for the rest of his life.

During his healing process, he walked so... awkwardly. I was so disappointed. My first Leo and it was 'broken'. I still loved this little guy, but I hated seeing him struggle to walk. Even after it healed, it was turned and bent.

After a few months, the bend became less obvious to me. His gait seemed 'natural' for him. He got around fine. And now he's my absolute favorite. And, fortunately for me, with adding levels for him to climb in his tank he gained strength and muscle... Which straightened the bone slightly more. It's still bent, but unless I point it out, you can't see it.

You might be disappointed now, but that's okay. Life happens. But it's not the animal's fault. I bet that little BP will have a great personality, just to win you over
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vasiliki For This Useful Post:

pookie! (06-19-2012),Poseidon (06-19-2012)

Thanks

Re: Bumblebee bad head wobble....

About the "bumps" on the back of the head, are you sure those aren't just the jaw muscles? The muscles on the back of my bp's head are squishy.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andybill View Post
    The head wobble will probably not affect its ability to feed and breed if breeding is a goal you have. granted head wobbles could make them miss a couple times while feeding but they still feed well. My little albino spider has a head wobble and misses her first strike at almost every feeding but like rob said I think it gives her a little more personality! I wouldnt trade her for the world!
    Albino spider?? Pics????

Op- spider wobble is not anything to worry about. There are different degrees of it, some worse than others, some settle down. Most are absolute champ eaters though! My bee is a eating machine and one of the sweetest bps I have. She had a bit the first few weeks I had her, but I dont see it now. I think stress may bring it out in some of them. Don't let wobble get you down, they are awesome!
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2nt
    Last edited by DooLittle; 06-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I can understand your disappointment. You say you weren't aware of it until you were paying for the snake. Did you do any research on the snake at all before you decided to buy it ? Information on the wobble in spider's and spider morphs is very well known and easily accessible.

While it can be extremely unsettling to watch, most of the time it is nothing to be worried about. These animals can still eat, shed and grow normally. Over time the wobble may get less severe, or it may not.

If you are that bothered by it, I would return the snake and look into getting a different morph.

Gale
    Last edited by angllady2; 06-19-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (06-19-2012),Zombie (07-01-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast