Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,391

4 members and 3,387 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    i prefer to put a dog to sleep. it will end any pain or suffering and you have the chance to say bye over and over.

a little over a month ago my 5 year old bichon caught lyme disease which is passed through a tick bite. a pain in the ass disease but can be cured with anti biotics. one day he woke up and couldnt walk so we took him to the vet. they assured us everything would be fine.they kept him the night. then they gave him back the next day. when he got home he wouldnt eat had diareha and kept vomiting. we took him back. they kept him another night did a $200 thing kept him another night did another thing. kept him again. they said the last thing they had to do was a plasma transfusion. they had to keep him one more night and we could pick him up the next day. we called the "animal hospital" over and over the next day and no answer. at about 3 o clock my stepfather turns on his cell phone and there is a message saying my dog died over night.
    in the end it cost us over $800 dollars for them to kill my dog over the week we left him there.

when you hear hospital you think at least one person will be there over noght to watch the dogs but not this place. needless to say we'll never take our other dogs there.

i never got to say bye to him because it was so unexpected. they lied to us and said everything would be fine just for a few dollars.

Thanks
    My beloved tuxedo cat, George, got liver cancer last year. He was the happiest cat ever but you could tell he wasn't himself and was in pain, he stopped using his hind legs and just stayed under my bed. He'd drag himself out and look all happy and cheerful when I came in the room. I had to feed him wet cat food with a spoon for about two weeks. We finally took him to the vet (my mother has this morbid fear of the vet) and we had to put him to sleep that day. It's a hard thing to go through I wasn't actually at the vet's office when he was put down, but apparently he was so sick that it would almost be cruel to bring him back home, even though he seemed so happy. I'm so sorry you have to go through this and I wish you and your family the best, it's always hard to lose a family member.
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Banned
    Thanks
    best of look for you and ur dog..i remeber when we had to put down out cat he was 23 years old and was deaf and blind and was in a lot of pain for arthris. it was tough i remeber my mom cryed for like a week.

Thanks
    he stopped using his hind legs and just stayed under my bed.
    That is odd. I wonder if that is a symptom to liver disease. Dont really sound like it would, but my dog is having trouble with her hind legs. She is not dragging them, but you can tell that they are getting very week.
    She has perked up a good amount since I took her to the vet, but she is still week and is not eating, I have been assist feeding her for 3 day's now. I am suppose to take her back Friday evening to be re-assessed. I am dreading that moment. I have not decided if I will take her back tomorrow, or give her until the first of the week before I take her. I dont want to put her under to soon if maybe, just maybe, she will start eating by herself and get better. Her eye's dont look as sad as they did a few day's ago, Im hoping that is a good sign, but I will just have to make that judgement call tomorrow, one that I prefer not to make.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i'm prayin' for her man... and you.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers from you all. May sound mooshy, but it really means alot to me. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Wanted to let you all know that my little chihuahua is no longer with us. She was put to sleep at 11:15 to day. She had'nt improved much so i made the decision to go ahead and take her back to the vet to be re-assessed. I used a different vet this time and he took x-rays of her. She had a massive tumor on her liver and her liver was not even close to the spot that it was suppose to be in. So I made the decision to let her go. It is all over now except for the crying.
    She will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

I want to thank all of you again for the kind words and prayers.

Thanks
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad she won't be suffering any more, but I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. I hope you can take some solace in knowing you did what was best for her.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    sorry to hear about that man. i know exactly how you feel, same situation happened with me and a black lab i literally grew up with. i hear doggy heaven is a wonderful place. plenty of chew toys and milkbones. i'll keep you and your family in my prayers man.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Hi carl
    I am so soerry to hear of you and your families loss. That is always extremely hard.
    But just try and remember all the great times she had with your family (which by the sounds of it was everyday). I have your family in my thoughts.
    My suincere sympathies

On a more medical side of it:
    From the experiences I have had at the offices I have worked for, liver tumors in dogs and cats is very hard to deal with, 90% of the time the animal will show no symptoms untill the tumor has grown very large, treatment can be difficult in some cases, and from the xray prognosis it sounds as if you definatly made the best decision for the dogs wellbeing and happiness.
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast