Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,474

1 members and 3,473 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I have a small undertank heater and a 60w infrared spot light on the warm end. I lost my humidity gauge, but I know it was too low this winter until I put the pool under the light. Temps are ~95 on the hot end and ~75 cold, depending on the room temp, I leave the window a little too open at night sometimes. I wish I could get a better heating system to keep it more consistant.

A better view...

Camera shy!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hmm...the cool side temps are about 10 degrees too low, and is 95 the basking spot or the overall whole half side of the tank? I would suggest (if I may ) Getting a UTH for the cool side and turn it on low so it stays about 78-82 over there on the cool side. You have to watch the cooler temps unless you are breeding him (which, you aren't), as it could cause respiratory problems. :shock: And, 95 is a bit warm, I would say if the spot directly under the heat lamp is 95, and the rest is say, 88- 90, then that's perfect. You can always put a humid hide in there to keep humidity up to about 65% or so.

Jennifer

I dunno Jen....I think 85 on the cool side may be a bit too warm. I think 78-82 is perfect for cool side temps.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, I was just speed reading over my post and was about to edit it.. you sneaky guy, lol. Thanks for the point out.

Jennifer

No problem, lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I do think if you decide to get another ball python, you should first introduce them to eachother a few times before housing together. I thought I could house the 2 I own together, and I was wrong. The smaller one gets stressed out, almost pissed off.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Quarantine is VERY important not just if you are housing together (which I don't agree with period, lol) but also if the animals are even in the same room....you can never be too careful. I always quarantine any new arrivals for at least 3 months before they come into the same area as my other animals.

Banned
    Thanks

Genetics

That is, without a doubt, an awsome cage.

Thanks
    man i love that thing, i need to come up with something like that. Make the home a little more interesting
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBeard
    Confrontation is not the main issue when housing snakes together is concerned....there are many reasons why I feel snakes are best housed seperately unless you are breeding them:

1-Its easier to keep track of who is going to the bathroom and monitor these BMs as needed.
    2-Communicable health problems (mites, internal parasites, etc) are much easier to contain and treat if the snakes are kept seperately.
    3-Feeding is much easier.....you don't have to worry about both snakes going after the same prey item and hurting/killing one another.

Better safe than sorry is my motto.
    I must agree with David on his first two points. As for the third, you won't have a problem if you feed them seperately and in box outside the cage. I my self don't see anything wrong with housing snakes together, as long as they've been quarantined you also wanna make sure that they get along. You must also understand the risks of IBD(inclusion body disease) wich is like AIDS but to snakes, IBD can remain hidden for a while even after quarantine and all of sudden show up. If your willing to take risks then by all means go for it, as I mentioned before I've housed different snakes together without any problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast