Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

2 members and 3,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Whompa - New Pac Man Frog

Someone I know was trying to find a home for a 1 year old pac man frog. She advertised him on Facebook and I figured, I have an empty tank and I've always wanted a pac man so I offered to take him. I picked him up yesterday. He's in a simple 10g tank with about 1-1.5 inch of damp eco-earth bedding. He has some hiding spots (of course he buried himself almost immediately). I misted the tank down and left him alone.

The apartment stays between 70-75 at all times, with the majority of the time being above 73. I read that they can be kept at room temperature. The girl I got him from was feeding him pinkies and feeding him every 3 days. I plan on providing him with a varied diet and will start him on dubias in a few days. I want to give him some time to settle in. I'll have some pictures up later. He weighs in at 135g and I am told he is a year old.

Any advice for a new frog keeper?
    Last edited by Jay_Bunny; 06-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks
    Here is a picture I snapped of him. Currently, he is buried under his dirt. I plan on trying to feed him Wednesday.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to feed him. I plan to try him on dubias first as I have plenty of those. I was told when he was younger he was fed on minnows and crickets. When he got bigger he has only been fed pinkies. As far as I am aware, pinkies are to be used as treats, correct?

I plan on doing a ton more research on him. I have the basics down, but I want to spoil this froggie!

Under Construction.....