Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,215

0 members and 3,215 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: clients

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts

clients

I have been running a successful photo buss for 20 years. I have a problem with a good client. They have had a huge change in staffing and the people I deal with now need lots of help managing their end. I used to use FTP now drop box ftp seems too complex. I name product files with the product code. the new people seem unable to figure out that a photograph with three products and a name of xxxxx3-6 is the three products together they are asking that I place three copies each with the name of one of the products be uploaded...

i just got a reply to an email where they asked for an image (from someone else) to be correctly resized. i did that and sent it back the reply was to resend them as attachments... the reply had 6 attachments all six of the resized images I originally sent.

I don't know what to do I am so frustrated I spend 30 min a week finding files that they have and hand holding a set of people whom are unable to do their job. (A web master who can't use FTP???)

I am ranting I guess but if anyone has ever had such problems or has a possible solution PLEASE let me know!!

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    I think you need to ask yourself, is the extra time you are spending worth the money that you make having them as a client? If it is, then chalk it up to 'part of the job', and try not to get too frustrated.

If it's not, then you need to contact the owner, and explain that you're unable to provide the support services that their staff is asking you for, or simply begin responding to their questions with 'you already have it, I'm sorry but I'm not able to assist you further at this time'.

Optionally, take 2 days to respond to their inquiries, by which time they will probably have figured it out for themselves. Don't spend more time on them than they are worth, and if they try to claim more time...put it off until they aren't using more time than they're worth.

Of course, this is just my opinion--I am not a photographer, and I know nothing of the business.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

kitedemon (06-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I agree with what WWP said above^

If theyre worth it then keep them around. If not, then talk to the owner and if he insists he cant do anything on his end then find yourself another client...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

kitedemon (06-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Sadly I am stuck with them. Good client regular and lots of work. It is just bugs me that I spend extra time doing the job they are paid to because clearly they are not competent to do it them selves. I guess I have my answer I am just ranting out of frustration.