Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

3 members and 3,196 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Just fed Xaero two pinkie rats. What's wierd is that since they were small, (mama rat had a litter last week and I wanted to keep the population down, if you can dig it) the constriction didn't quite kill either one and the back legs were displaying life. Weakly kicking, even trying to back out before the point of no return.............
    Brutal! I would have killed them first, but figured-"hey they're just pinkies and can't injure him" so I didn't bother even stunning.
    I'm not worried or anything, but what a way to go!
    Anybody else witness this dark comedy?

Went down kickin

I've never witnessed this, as the smallest prey item I have ever fed a baby BP was a large hopper mouse.

But I agree, it would definitely suck to go out like that, lol.

Thanks
    When I use to work at a pet shop, I seen a similar accident turn fatal. One of the employees fed a live hopper to a bp, the bp didn't kill all the way. It started eating it alive, halfway through the hopper kept moving. It eventually ripped through bp's skin with it's front legs. They both ended up death.

Thanks
    I have never seen anything like that before either. As of yet, today the strangest thing happened when feeding my snakes. It took Hershey about 10 minutes to find the mouses head. First time I have ever seen him do that. At first I thought he was gonna take it rear end first.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    It eventually ripped through bp's skin with it's front legs
    God, that's horrible! These little guys were nowhere near that ability, though. I'm talking hairless, eyes still welded shut infants. Too small to feed really, but as I said-population control. He seemed to really groove on the smorgasboard theme, ate one and moved immediately to the other. Gave him three, but he only wanted two.....
    Well, from now on I'm stunning/killing everything no matter the size just to be precautious.
    Any thoughts on the pros/cons of feeding mixed ages and sizes occasionally? In the wild they are opportunistic, sometimes dining on a small family and then chilling out in the burrow while digesting the ex-inhabitants. Now that's how you serve an eviction notice!

Thanks
    When I buy my baby corn snake pinkies, they're live. I then freeze them. Last time, I gave the corn a pinky when I get home with the new batch. She never constricts them, but this time, she swallowed the little bugger still kickin.

Fairly gruesome. I'll never feed a live anything to to her again.

K

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wanna talk about brutal? Just watch a cat toying with a mouse. The cat doesn't eat it alive, but it also doesn't make the death any quicker than it's in the mood for.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.