Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,381

0 members and 3,381 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    If its a male why not put him with a female let them mate, keep the eggs an let nature have them back. Then once your eggs hatch you can breed them together and occasionally catch one to throw in the breeding mix to keep.
    Thats what i would do too!

But not everyone likes playing with genetics as much as me and you haha
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Re: Wild Morph at Home

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    If its a male why not put him with a female let them mate, keep the eggs an let nature have them back. Then once your eggs hatch you can breed them together and occasionally catch one to throw in the breeding mix to keep.
    X2

I think I am just jealous because I din't have the scales critters around my house here.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons
    Female Pastel (Gella), Female Butter (Khaleesi), Male Spider (Igor), Male Pastel Butter (Tig)

Reptiles
    1.0 Bearded Dragon (RIP Freddie)

Thanks

My biggest problem is budgeting time, resources, and space. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding another project onto things right now. Between running a company, working as a community representative for another, getting ready to start up a new R&D/ prototyping company and School I have just enough time, space and money to justify getting into BP breeding slowly with out worrying about ever not having time for the snakes. I feel if i got into this project I may not have time for it and I wouldn't want to neglect the breeding project or the animals for even a minute.

If anyone local to Dallas, Tx was interested in it I would be more than willing to hand it off I think it would be great to see what could come of it.

Thanks
    Man I wish I lived near you, but then again, I need to stay away from more animals cause I can't have just one or a pair of a species. Wish you had the time though would be awesome to see the babies. Good luck with finding someone who can take them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aizkora View Post
    My biggest problem is budgeting time, resources, and space. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding another project onto things right now. Between running a company, working as a community representative for another, getting ready to start up a new R&D/ prototyping company and School I have just enough time, space and money to justify getting into BP breeding slowly with out worrying about ever not having time for the snakes. I feel if i got into this project I may not have time for it and I wouldn't want to neglect the breeding project or the animals for even a minute.

If anyone local to Dallas, Tx was interested in it I would be more than willing to hand it off I think it would be great to see what could come of it.
    Yeah that is totally understandable. Time is the reason I only have one Ball Python right now because I would love 8 and a boa or two as well but one day LOL.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons
    Female Pastel (Gella), Female Butter (Khaleesi), Male Spider (Igor), Male Pastel Butter (Tig)

Reptiles
    1.0 Bearded Dragon (RIP Freddie)

Thanks
    Glad I caught this thread Here is a pic of my wife's breeding project with Med. geckos from Louisiana. A friend of mine brought me back a group of 12 and one female was the color of the one on the right in the first pic. The pics are offspring from her. She ended being truly a morph, I am guessing hypo, and it acted as a recessive. it took 2 years before she got to see the results of this, but after 2 years she had a male offspring from the original light colored female. After that breeding and the very long awaited incubation out came the offspring you see below. I know its just a med. gecko but it was awesome as all get out. We have since taken the geckos to a friends home to live out there days in his greenhouse and he gives us reports on them and sightings of the yellow ones. sorry for the long story but here are pics.

Last edited by Ga_herps; 06-16-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Mini monitors, other select herps, and aquatics.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ga_herps For This Useful Post:

youbeyouibei (07-09-2012)

Thanks

That is really awesome!

I gave the two captives a few tasty cricket feeders and set them back out in the wild ( my front porch where I caught them) I noticed a few others that were that more yellowish color around the house this morning just before sun up as well , I'm not going to have to start watching the hatchlings each year.

Thanks
    When I lived about a hour north of Dallas I would go out at night and catch these geckos. I found babies, juveniles, adults, and even gravid females!

Thanks

We have some like that around my place. We also have some see thru looking ones, they hang out around my kitchen window and eat the bugs that are flying around.

Thanks
    I'm mostly surrounded by tree frogs, which are cool.
    Until you accidentally step on one and want to cry.
    Last edited by Navy; 07-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    -Hanna :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12