Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,394

1 members and 3,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Blood breeding questions...

I just have one pair for right now. Male is bright and rich red whereas the female is more tan brown with the faintest salmon colored blushing near her head. Will the offspring they throw just be more uniformly orange or some like each parent? Also is it possible to try breed any time of year or will Ineed to wait until the fall? Sorry for the amateur questions.

Thanks

Two in question... I couldn't have found two individuals further apart on the species' naturally occurring color spectrum if I tried. But they were a package deal and I /had/ to have the male.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    I'm still an amature and we just had our second blood python clutch ever laid this year. We personally breed them in the same cycle as our ball pythons, but when breeding them we try to limit the amount of light they get. Also when they go in shed we raise the humidity by putting a wet towel in with them. (Our substrait is paper, so they need a little boost to have a good shed.)

Your female looks like she could go for a couple extra meals to me. Do you have a weight on her?

We have had good success with the smaller of our two girls two years in a row. We are hoping our bigger girl is in the middle of her pre-lay shed. She shed about 65 days ago and was deep in blue this 2 days ago. I think we may have missed the ovulation as I don't think bloods are as obvious as balls.

Thanks

Re: Blood breeding questions...

Just my opinion, but I'd try to aquire a female with coloration similar your male,which is smokin by the way.
    While there are no gaurantees,you will greatly increase the odds of producing nice red animals by doing so.
    Good luck!

Thanks

Yes you would likely recieve some like each parent and some inbetween and results would of course vary from one year to the next..It is Possible to breed anytime of the year However most follow the fall/ winter breeding season..The animals appear a bit small yet to breed But with suffient gain you may be ready this coming season..
    Last edited by Tim Mead; 06-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks

thanks for all the help guys, she is still a little less robust than the male but those pics were kind of old. Last I weighed her was around 12 lb but that's been a little while. Here they are now:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Otolith For This Useful Post:

Mindibun (08-21-2013)