Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,179

0 members and 3,179 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check this out!

Thanks
    I have gotten some cool stuff that others are throwing away....

My brother and I use to go behind this electronics store and get all kinds of stuff, dvd players, vcr's, scanners, car sterios, etc..that were thrown away cause they were broke..still in thier boxes too, and take them home and fix them and make a little $. I think it was all returns that did not work... it was this place that sold discontinued stuff...
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    dang, I should really start dumpster diving

Banned
    Thanks
    And I wish I could stick a snake in there, but no more animals for me 'til after college, I promised my boyfriend (we'll already be hiding Eleanor in an apartment next school year, lol).
    I completely understand! =) Mine lives in the closet. =)

Emily

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    the shop i get my feeders tosses out GREAT hides because they get pooped on. Also, I've found things like water dishes, packs of carpeting that were damaged (only the PACKAGE was damaged ), and water bottles for rats.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RPlank
    Aaaahhhhh, dumpster diving......a little known art. Amazing some of the things you can find when patrolling the city on a graveyard shift!
    See if you weren't out harrassing us bikers at the wee hours of the morning and were home in bed like the rest of the world (cept for us crazy bikers) you wouldn't know about the lost art of dumpster diving...

When I was living in AZ my roommate and I were out riding one thursday night and we found two 4' tall speaker boxes with RF's i them (Fosgate speakers)... Talk about trickey... riding down the highway with a 4'X2' speaker box between u and the handlebars lol... but we got them home and they worked perfectly... who knows why someone would throw out the great stuff they do... but like my grandfather told me growin up "one mans trash is another mans gold"

I'd like to take this moment to thank all the stupid people out there who throw out perfectly good stuff!

-Chris

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i second that thank you.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    That's more then 70$ actually. If you figure that log is 25, and it is at the shop here. The heat pad being around 15. Rock water dishes would be quite a bit too. And 25 for the tank and fake background.

What's the fake bg made of? Sellin any of your new found supplies?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by invadertoast
    Ohhh ya, anybody know how to disinfect sticks/logs?
    I do the washing, baking part but I also put them in 3 layers of plastic bags with a few pieces of pest strips. I tie all three bags real tight and leave it in the closet for a week. I guess I'm too cautious but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Banned
    Thanks
    Soaking them in a 1:10 bleach solution always works. If you also bake them then that thing is mor sterile then a doctor's office. I suggest you do the washing first. That will kill most surface bacteria rather quickly, let it soak for 2 hours or so. Then when you bake it you kill anything left, as well as dry it out!. I think it is 350 degrees you'll need, not sure how long.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by invadertoast
    Is it ok that it has sphagnum moss on the bottom or will that burn up? And for plants... just soak them? Just a guess, but plastic would melt in an oven right? lol
    Linds, I'd toss the spaghnum moss on top of another substrate. Your snake will go under it and may burn himself on the uth. Yeah, just soak the plastic plants in about a 10% bleach solution. I wouldn't advise you to cook them!!!!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast