Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,832

2 members and 2,830 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Thread: New Dart Frogs

Thanks

New Dart Frogs

Dendrobates tinctorius "azureus"

The P. terribilis pics didn't turn out so next time I'll include those...if I remember.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmugleston For This Useful Post:

dr del (06-08-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Very nice! Can't beat the blue frog and you will love the terribilis. They are definitely little bulldogs.

Angela

Thanks
    Oh I love my darts! They're so cute to watch eat. They're one of my very favorite pets in my collection. Most of time I just throw crickets in the cages and move to the next, but with them I actually sit and watch them. Love it.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    I love dart frogs so much. I used to always want them until I found out you shouldn't keep multiple locales together, which makes good sense. I just hadn't thought of it when I originally wanted some and the (rather crappy) pet store I first saw them at years ago had many different types together. To me it just isn't quite the same if I can't have a little rainbow of frogs in my viv. Darn.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Coleslaw007; 06-10-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks

Re: New Dart Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw007 View Post
    I love dart frogs so much. I used to always want them until I found out you shouldn't keep multiple locales together, which makes good sense. I just hadn't thought of it when I originally wanted some and the (rather crappy) pet store I first saw them at years ago had many different types together. To me it just isn't quite the same if I can't have a little rainbow of frogs in my viv. Darn.

You can keep a few species together. Some won't cross so they'd be safe. Or if you don't collect the eggs then no harm done. The worry with keeping various locales together is either fighting (which with proper species selection can be avoided) or crossing (which can be avoided with proper gender selection or only keeping 1 of each species). Your vivarium can still be done without suffering the wrath of the dart frog community. I have a number of friends that feel the same way you do and keep multiple frogs in one tank. I'm keeping them to produce more frogs so here it is one species (typically one pair) per cage.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmugleston View Post
    You can keep a few species together. Some won't cross so they'd be safe. Or if you don't collect the eggs then no harm done. The worry with keeping various locales together is either fighting (which with proper species selection can be avoided) or crossing (which can be avoided with proper gender selection or only keeping 1 of each species). Your vivarium can still be done without suffering the wrath of the dart frog community. I have a number of friends that feel the same way you do and keep multiple frogs in one tank. I'm keeping them to produce more frogs so here it is one species (typically one pair) per cage.
    Huh..... Nice. Maybe I WILL get darts sometime.

Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix