Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,305

2 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    yeah jennifer is right, we ALL feed differently.. therefore all of our bp's grow differently.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    well im not sure how long the shed time is for my boa, the morning i posted this post her eyes were kinda frosted and i have been keeping her humidity decent, i spray her down twice a day alnog with her sustrate.
    should i be getting concerned that the rest of her body isnt showing the same sheding process as her eyes look?
    shes become a real loner the past week, keeping all bunched up half way under her log, behind her water dish.
    changing aroun different light/heat bulbs wouldnt have an affect over any of this would it?

Thanks
    Generlly speaking, it will take about one week or so for her to shed once her eyes get clouded. They will then go back to their normal look, and her body will get a dull greyish look to it. She will also lose her bright coloration during this time. The best thing to do is keep your temps at their normal range and keep the cage's humidity up to around 60 - 70% while she is in this process. Once she sheds then you can let your humidity go back to where you normally keep it. She will stay hidden as much as posible, because she feels vunerable while she is shedding. When mine starts shedding, I don't touch him. I don't want to give him any more stress than what he may already be experiencing. No, changing the light want do anything. i would keep everything as is, and within a week or so, she will shed off her old skin. And look better than she did before she shed. Hope that his helps.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)

Thanks
    Hey wolf, its been 9 days since her eyes fogged up, now ther're starting to clear up. So at this point her body is gonna start drying up to shed?
    I'm just tring to make sure what she's doing is normal, as well as the time period its taking.

Thanks
    Heres the link on the SHED EASE topic.. hope it helps. If not, feel free to ask questions. :lol:

http://ball-pythons.net/index.php?na...opic&t=819
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Lucifer has possessed Pteri!

AAHHHH, finally!
    During the vast hours of the early morning, Emily decided it was time to shed, boy oh boy! She looks great, and her verticle creases from her body being bunched up back in November is really shaping up.
    Just thought I 'd let you know she shedded finally, have a good week!
    Ryan

Thanks

Which one?

She should turn a dull greyish color. When I first saw my corn for the first time in that color I thought that he has dead. But it is all natural. Just keep her cage humidity in the high 60% to mid 70% range and everything should turn ok just fine. When Zeus's eyes fog over I don't bother him until he has shed. I try to limit the amount of stress that is put on him during this vunerable time. hope that everything turns out good for ya. Let us know how it goes.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12