Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,093

1 members and 3,092 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,498 Posts

Wobble in snakes produced by Spider combos?

Just curious about this as I watch the desert situation unfolding. It has been said that any female desert or combo is likely sterile. Whether accurate or not this seems to be the growing consensus.

This got me to thinking, can a Spider combo such as a Spider Mojave pass the wobble in any visual mojaves that are produced or do the genes remain completely seperate within the sire or dam?

Has anybody experienced a wobble in other visual morphs from a Spider parent?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 831 Posts
    It's 'attached' to the spider gene. Since the spider gene is dominant, if it exists then the gene will be visually represented. No visual -> no gene -> no wobble.
    Dreamtime Exotics -- Check it out!
    Ball Pythons, Monitors, Saltwater Reef, Fancy Rats, Ferrets

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrLang For This Useful Post:

Emilio (06-02-2012),rlditmars (06-01-2012),Skittles1101 (06-03-2012),Wes (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,498 Posts

Re: Wobble in snakes produced by Spider combos?

Thanks. That is what I had hoped but just wasn't sure if anyone knew otherwise.

I like the looks of a Spider and Bees but I have seen videos that make me wonder if I have the temperment for dealig with a snake that I know to be flawed (so to speak)and whos symptoms can be disturbing to me dependin on the severity.

Thanks
    I've also witnessed the wobble gene attached to genetic stripes. It only expresses itself in the visual form. Hets don't appear to have a wobble.
    Last edited by Gloryhound; 06-01-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
    I've also witnessed the wobble gene attached to genetic stripes. It only expresses itself in the visual form. Hets don't appear to have a wobble.

Interesting ..! This is the first I've heard anyone say they have seen it in G-stripes. Has anyone else observed this? (I don't doubt you Gloryhound; just very curious if G-stripes should be added to the "wobbler" list ...)

To the OP, I did produce a neuro super pastel from a bee x pastel breeding. He had a very mild head tilt, and would occasionally spin backward if placed in a new cage, but would snap out of it if disturbed -- just like his bumblebee sire. However, it may have been due to incubation as I did experience temp spikes.

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Thanks. That is what I had hoped but just wasn't sure if anyone knew otherwise.

I like the looks of a Spider and Bees but I have seen videos that make me wonder if I have the temperment for dealig with a snake that I know to be flawed (so to speak)and whos symptoms can be disturbing to me dependin on the severity.
    I own a spider, the wobble is in my opinion greatly overstated. Almost all spiders will never have issues (wobble is there, but very minor) it's just that you don't hear about all the spiders that are ok, you only hear about the ones that corkscrew...
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    I have a spider male and a killerbee who both wobble. It's noticeable. I don't see them wobble unless they're hungry though... I'll sometimes see my spider corkscrew at the front of the tub the day before feeding day ..

My killerbee only wobbles when there's food in front of her.. Otherwise she'll sit there or explore her little tub with no wobble.. I feel like they do it to tease us T.T...
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    I have a spider male and a killerbee who both wobble. It's noticeable. I don't see them wobble unless they're hungry though... I'll sometimes see my spider corkscrew at the front of the tub the day before feeding day ..

My killerbee only wobbles when there's food in front of her.. Otherwise she'll sit there or explore her little tub with no wobble.. I feel like they do it to tease us T.T...
    This is very accurate for many spiders. You may never notice anything until its excited then a little bounce before the strike. This is mild wobble which to an untrained eye would probably go unnoticed, some even say mine doesn't wobble. In my experience mild wobbled spiders produce mild wobble. What you want to look out for is the train wreck wobble where they have severe motor skill problems and corkscrew erratically. In all my years of snake keeping I have only seen these on the internet. When ever I look to buy a spider(or combo) the first question is how is the wobble? Aside from that spiders are great snakes and do wonderful things to different morphs.IMO they are a must have if you are serious about ball python designer morphs.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    I have a pinstripe, who was sired by a spider, who has a noticeable wobble. I don't know if they are linked or just a coincidence, but there is no mistaking that its there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by satomi325; 06-01-2012 at 12:00 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    What wobble?

Ok, MAYBE a little. She more vibrates than wobbles before striking.

You cannot let a few youtube videos of bad wobble deter you from a Spider.
    Last edited by Royal Hijinx; 06-01-2012 at 12:06 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (06-03-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast