Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

1 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation I need to lose 200+ Pounds! The time has come to lose it!

All righty people of the world! Its time for some change. I need to change. I have had a hard life. Not as bad as some peoples but it sure wasnt easy. Why do I say that well here is a small back story to my life.

So I grew up with a very abusive father. He not that I can recall ever hit me. But I constantly watched him hit my sisters and my mother. Watched him kick the crap out of his "best friends" I watched him do hard drugs and try to kill him self. I watched my sisters cry and my mother bawl her eyes out everyday. Well thankfully that came to an end. My mother and sisters and I all took a plane to Europe and lived in the small country of Belgium for 8 months. I had just turned 7 at that time.

Fast forward to age 8 and I am starting a new school in a new town back in Canada. Well I have always been a husky kid always a little chubby and then it really started to show in elementary school so I really really started to get picked on and bullied. I was getting punched and beat up every day. Verbally abused like crazy and even to the point were people would throw things like rocks at me.

After 4 horrible years of elementary school I entered high school at 230 pounds at age 13. All the teasing and bullying really died down in high school thanks to everyone finally growing up and maturing. Yah now I would get rude comment here and there but nothing I couldnt handle.

So enter age 15. I am now 250 lbs. Life was changing for me though. I was actually starting to lose weight I was getting really active and having the time of my life! One of the best and WORST summers ever. Why the worst you ask?

August 15th 2007 3:45PM (yes I remember the time I have a great memory)
    My mother,sister and I are in a car accident that has forever changed my life. We are all alive and ok but all have spinal injuries and neck and shoulder injuries as well.

This is ONE of the big things that has to do with my gaining alot of weight because the pain has made me inactive for 5 years and it was and is really hard to find the ambition to get out of bed in the morning.

So car accident made me into a huge (literally) procrastinator and lazy slob. BUT like thats not enough eh?

fast forward to October 29th 2011 10pm. I was 18 and about 390 pounds.

My house catches fire and fully burns down the following morning. My family and I loose everything we own with no insurance at all. So depression from that really made me push the 400 lb mark and brings me to where I am today.

May 31st 2012 2:20am. 19 years old. 425 (not exactly) pounds. I am not sure of this weight since I dont have a scale around me that goes over 400.

So this brings me to now. I have decided that this is it. I need to lose weight NOW! I am going to die within the next few years if things dont change. I spend my days laying in bed or sitting on the couch doing nothing but browsing the internet looking at stupidly cute pictures of cats. I am slowly killing myself and it needs to stop. I need to LIVE I have been alive for 19 years now and havent even lived yet.

I want to be able to look at my self in the mirror and see the real me. The one who is trapped inside a box wanting to burst out.

So what am I going to do? Well starting tomorrow or well I guess today since its 2 30am. I am getting the ball rolling. I am changing my life. I am changing my diet. My activities. My everything needs to change.

So I am going to make a Twitter account, Facebook support page, BLOG, and a account on youtube so I can VLOG atleast a few times a week or more to do updates or whatever.

But the thing is. I have tried doing this alone so many times and have failed again and again. I NEED YOUR HELP! I need everyone's support on this. I need you all to help me with anything and everything.

Im not sure what else to type lol So yah this is starting now. I am getting on making the accounts and stuff and gunna have a good nights sleep and then get that ball rolling. Gotta change now or I will crash and burn.

Thanks for reading everyone.

With love, reptiliachnids.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (06-01-2012),Argentra (09-15-2012),Coleslaw007 (06-05-2012),Dracoluna (05-31-2012),heathers*bps (05-31-2012),monk90222 (06-04-2012),rabernet (05-31-2012),Toxic Tessa (05-31-2012)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: I need to lose 200+ Pounds! The time has come to lose it!

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS! for making those decisions and taking those steps! That takes incredible courage to start such and journey and I commend you for that. Please, PLEASE consult with a trained health care professional who can guide you on this journey and help you to do it in a thoughtful and healthy manner. You have lived/eaten a certain way for 19 years and to change that overnight, literally, could cause such a shock to your system as to kill you and that is the last thing any of us here would want to have happen to you. Small changes are key; you change too much at once and you won't ever stick with it. Not knocking you, just stating a generally accepted fact of human nature, lol! My wife started a program that is all-inclusive as far as weight loss, management skills to healthier eating along with weekly meetings for support groups and trainings, etc. and has had great luck with it. No judgement, because everyone there is in the program as well and it's done wonders for her. Find what works for you and good luck! I'll be pulling for you and following your posts/progress as you update it; good luck!
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youbeyouibei View Post
    First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS! for making those decisions and taking those steps! That takes incredible courage to start such and journey and I commend you for that. Please, PLEASE consult with a trained health care professional who can guide you on this journey and help you to do it in a thoughtful and healthy manner. You have lived/eaten a certain way for 19 years and to change that overnight, literally, could cause such a shock to your system as to kill you and that is the last thing any of us here would want to have happen to you. Small changes are key; you change too much at once and you won't ever stick with it. Not knocking you, just stating a generally accepted fact of human nature, lol! My wife started a program that is all-inclusive as far as weight loss, management skills to healthier eating along with weekly meetings for support groups and trainings, etc. and has had great luck with it. No judgement, because everyone there is in the program as well and it's done wonders for her. Find what works for you and good luck! I'll be pulling for you and following your posts/progress as you update it; good luck!
    Thanks a lot! dont worry about it have been going to a dietitian like I said. She basically makes my meal plans and stuff on how to eat healthy. I actually kinda started this a week ago. I have been doing about an hour of cardio everyday and starting to slowly change my diet. I just finally got the courage to finally go big with it.
    Last edited by Quantum Constrictors; 05-31-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Congratulations for making this decision to better YOURSELF!

What am amazing story...You'll have lots of support and the best of luck to you reaching your goals!
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Congrats on your decision! It's going to be hard, but I can offer some tips!

I'm a larger girl. I'm on medication, and I'm rarely hungry in the morning and EAT almost all night. :s.

Check into an app called myfitnesspal.

It is amazing and helped me lose 15 pounds FAST. It's essentially a food diary. You type in what you eat, and the food will pop up with the calorie amount (or you can add calories). Holy cow, did I ever realize I was eating WAY too much :/ and honestly, it wasn't the best choice.

When you go to the gym, try every machine. I hate running! The treadmill was my enemy ahaha, but I loved the elliptical! I could go for hours on that thing! I would turn on Netflix on my phone and watch a movie while working out. Made the time fly by!

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

Thanks
    Thanks mues and bobba!

Ok everyone. JoeyzWeightLoss as begun! You can find my twitter account @JoeyzWeightLoss . My youtube account JoeyzWeightLoss . My facebook support group https://www.facebook.com/groups/372860499440996/

and I am just about to make a blog!
    Last edited by Quantum Constrictors; 05-31-2012 at 04:03 AM.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post
    Check into an app called myfitnesspal.
    Thanks for that; had no idea such a thing was available. But then, I live under a rock most of the time, soooooo...hahahaha! I just started doing crossfit combined with strength training I was doing previously and while I'm hating life at the moment, it's getting me results. Thanks for the info above, that'll help a lot as far as keeping track of my calories/food intake rather than carrying a spiral bound notebook around all day, lol!
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Thanks
    last but not least here is my blog!

http://joeyzweightloss.blogspot.ca/
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts
    Good luck on your journey. Make sure that you don't overdo it starting out. I highly recommend going to a doctor for a physical. They will be able to advise you on the best way to start out, so that you don't re-injure your back or burn yourself out. My suggestion would be to start out walking 2-3 times a day, for maybe 10-15 minutes at a time. That is how I started out. About every 2 weeks I would add a few more minutes or a little more distance to my walks. A healthy diet will be the key. No amount of exercise will work if you don't eat right. Don't try to crash diet or fad diets. Don't try to make too many changes too fast, because slow, steady, changes and progressions are more likely to develope into good habits and become permanent.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk 2.
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    wow that's quite a back story mate! I know you can do it. You can't change anything until that one moment in time when your absolutely 100% ready, and it sounds like your there! I believe in you, and if you need anything, to talk, or advice on something, crack me off a Pm!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast