Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

1 members and 3,443 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I am not liking the looks of this and I also am not sure whether this thread ought to continue. BP.net isn't really the place for fauna-esque investigations and I think this thread might be better off locked and taken elsewhere.

Usually, when a bunch of new user accounts are created and people start "confessing" their similar experiences like sinners to the church, it's the work of someone trying to bloat evidence on their own behalf. Will someone check IP addresses on Jack, Stina, and Lycrisa?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebelrachel13 For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (05-26-2012),Kiyayiya (05-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrisa View Post
    I feel like I should mention something as well.
    I am a breeder who was also involved in the shipment.
    Normally I stay quiet because I'm a very timid sort of person.
    But I feel like I am obligated to tell
    about what I know since these people are already so courageous.
    When I was a new user on one of the mouse forums I got really excited and was talking to three other people about starting a club since there were none that showed locally.

I started a thread which very quickly became hijacked by Casey, and soon after there was a new club I had nothing to do with.
    This did not bother me, I'm a fluid person and I am very hard to offend.
    It did make me aware of what she does.

However, on this new forum for this new club she started
    there was one incident that I will never forget.

A lovely person I had never talked to before was bullied.
    She was heavily pregnant and very sick so she decided to give up breeding mice.
    She and her husband were giving people the opportunity to adopt any before they were put down. She even offered to bring them to people who were attending a nearby show.
    She had at least 30 of her mice set aside for other people.
    Room she didn't have and put out effort she was not supposed to be using.
    Truth be told she was supposed to be -in bed- growing that baby.
    Casey heard she was bringing mice to the hotel that she was also staying at.
    And together with a few other people, she essentially made it impossible for her to
    A)go to the show
    B)Rehome any of the mice and
    C) she isolated her.

I was the only one who stood up for that girl after they started mobbing her.
    The thread was taken down and all evidence was cleared and she was booted off the site.
    I spent a entire afternoon on the phone with this girl who was so stressed out from the way she was treated that she was even sicker than when she decided to give up the mice.
    I find that downright..there are no words for that kind of cruelty.

That girl and what happened to her may not have anything to do with the shipment,
    but I think it's just another one of those things that needs to be mentioned.
    The ring leader in that was Casey.
    Under the guise of admin.
    That club is a sham.
    It's a lovely idea to have a club locally but I've come to the realization that it's doomed to fail under a leader who is so...mean.

That being said I had thought that with such high stakes on our reputations,
    that everyone would behave like civilized people. Almost everyone did.
    I am utterly ashamed as one of the few who represent our fancy in the united states.
    What she did, and continues to do is seen overseas, and I do not appreciate the possibility of being looked at and judged by one person's behavior.
    It's taken something wonderful, and communal and turned it into something it never had to of been.

And Stina, I don't think my PM went through before, but do you have any need of a black mouse?
    I have 6 and two tans if that helps at all. I know you didn't want to outcross yet, but the offer is there.

I feel awful that this has happened and if there is anything I can do, you let me know.
    Thank you Lycrisa - for stepping outside your comfort zone and sharing your experiences as well.

I also agree that it speaks volumes that Casey has not bothered to address this here.

Your point about how one member of a hobby can put a stain on that hobby is exactly the type of thing that we as reptile enthusiasts are very familiar with and can empathize with - we deal with the same thing in our hobby.

I hope that this gets resolved for the OP, and that Casey grows up - because what's starting to emerge from various testimonies is a pattern of bad behavior from someone who's moral compass is clearly off.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Emilio (05-26-2012),Jack (05-26-2012),John1982 (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rebelrachel13 View Post
    I am not liking the looks of this and I also am not sure whether this thread ought to continue. BP.net isn't really the place for fauna-esque investigations and I think this thread might be better off locked and taken elsewhere.

Usually, when a bunch of new user accounts are created and people start "confessing" their similar experiences like sinners to the church, it's the work of someone trying to bloat evidence on their own behalf. Will someone check IP addresses on Jack, Stina, and Lycrisa?
    I will check them - but...this thread will not be locked. This particular forum - Inquiries/Feedback is intended for exactly this type of investigation and was created for that purpose.

BP.net is NOT going to lock threads to protect even established members if they have come under scrutiny - we will allow it to play out and allow Casey to also share her side of the story and the members to respond.

If the thread makes you uncomfortable - you are welcome to just pass over it and read the hundreds of other threads on the forum.

6. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aes_Sidhe (05-26-2012),cecilbturtle (05-26-2012),chago11 (06-17-2012),Coleslaw007 (05-26-2012),DooLittle (05-26-2012),dr del (05-28-2012),heathers*bps (05-26-2012),JaGv (05-26-2012),jben (05-27-2012),JLC (05-28-2012),John1982 (05-26-2012),Kiyayiya (05-28-2012),Kookie17 (05-28-2012),Lucille (05-26-2012),luvmyballs (05-27-2012),Mft62485 (06-13-2012),Poseidon (06-14-2012),Quantum Constrictors (05-26-2012),rebelrachel13 (05-26-2012),Royal Hijinx (05-26-2012),Shadera (05-26-2012),Slim (05-26-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (05-26-2012),Stina (05-27-2012),WarriorPrincess90 (05-26-2012),wolfy-hound (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rebelrachel13 View Post
    I just checked, and all three users have unique IP addresses. I'm not sure why it's suspect that folks from a MOUSE community would have no previous posts on a reptile community.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

dr del (05-28-2012),Jack (05-26-2012),jben (05-27-2012),Kiyayiya (05-28-2012),mykaija (05-26-2012),RobNJ (05-26-2012),Sama (05-26-2012),SlitherinSisters (05-30-2012),Stina (05-27-2012),WarriorPrincess90 (05-26-2012),wolfy-hound (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    I understand. I didn't mean it in a way that we ought to protect or condemn either Casey or Stina, I hope it didn't come across like that. I just have seen how nasty these disputes can get, and how they can consume and damage a community. I hope this thread turns out for the best.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebelrachel13 For This Useful Post:

Valentine Pirate (05-26-2012),wolfy-hound (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    I read this entire post, and i can honestly say that this is insanity. This "Casey" person stole a "Valuble" mouse and is now lying about it? Big surprise, i dont know too many honest people these days, that is the real sad part about this. I completely understand the OPs frustration and feeling of betrayal from this LITTLE situation. But at the same time, i personally do not think that pursuing this person in court or on the street will solve much. That would be more of a hassle then what you have already gone through with this person. If i were you i would just chalk this one up in the Loss column and move on. Forget about it and move on with your original plans without her. Im pretty sure that she does not care how resentful you are towards her, when she got the mouse. It is absolutely sickening she would do this to begin with i know, stupid human behavior. I think you can settle down nicely now, knowing that her reputation is pretty much trash at this point and you will not ever have to deal with her in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I just checked, and all three users have unique IP addresses. I'm not sure why it's suspect that folks from a MOUSE community would have no previous posts on a reptile community.
    Thank you. I did make an introduction first and I've owned a few reptiles in the past. I just don't currently. I also babysat a ball python for a few weeks and loved it. I babysat a bearded dragon who had very severe bone issues because a previous owner had starved him. I know that doesn't "prove" my reptile credentials, but hopefully it gives you an idea of where I'm coming from.

And, for posterity's sake, here are some ribbon snakes of my old roommate's that I helped care for:

Those guys are really funny-looking (and FAST!) and I hope to own some someday.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Useful Post:

rabernet (05-26-2012),wolfy-hound (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    I'm starting to sense a pattern of behaviors from Casey that go beyond this dispute over an imported mouse. Some of the things being said on this Forum, and others that I've now read are disturbing and indicate the presence of a larger issue on Casey's part.

Casey, I urge you to speak up on your own behalf. This will not go away just because you remain silent.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Rob_D (05-28-2012),Stina (05-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Good Morning Casey. I'm sure you've had an excellent nights rest, are now eating a healthy breakfast and are preparing to either own up to your theft or getting prepared to be known forever as both a liar and a thief.

This thread will never go away and you KNOW the one on fauna will be there forever. I think now would be a good time to admit your mistake and do your best to make it right.

Unless you want to be known as a lying scumbag sack of crap like you're beginning to be known as of now.

Seriously casey, do the right thing.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    I agree. Doing the right thing is often the hardest, but that's often what makes it right.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast