Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

3 members and 3,337 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution)

How much is shipping a mouse? It seems like a nominal cost, you could easily get even a couple hundred going to the pawn shop with a couple of things. Even if shipping is 50 it wouldn't really be a problem. I agree about the litter thing. Stop stalling and find some way to get the mouse back!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Shipping a mouse IS pricy. You must have a approved container, and ship via Delta Dash, like you would shipping a puppy... with vet records and all that fun.

I think that there should be a way to get it to her, since getting to the airport to get the mouse happened. There is previous history that she said she didn't have money to pay for the mice at the airport until it was evident that she couldn't TAKE the mice without paying, then she suddenly did have the money.

I'd suggest finding a way to get the mouse to the OP. There's only one person sitting with stolen property and using a excuse of "I'm broke" isn't good to explain why you're not returning the property.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    Shipping mice in the US costs about $200. The drive between Casey and myself is about 6 hours.

Thanks
    Stina, have you had any conversations with Casey since her responding to this post?
    *Heather*
    I can't keep up with what I have

Thanks
    Nothing outside of the forums. She has only replied here and on the taxidermy site.

Thanks

The last time I added it up (in 2010), it cost $380 to ship a mouse from Kentucky to California, including the cost of the shipping crate and gas money to the airport (I lived about 45 minutes away at that point), and you could only do it for a few weeks at two points in the year (end of March-beginning of May, and September-October).

Because mice are warm-blooded animals and must be shipped via the airlines the same as a cat or dog, it's almost always cheaper to drive or sometimes even to fly, pack the animals, and then drive home with them. I wish we had the option of using the Post Office or a courier service (like UPS) like reptile people do, but alas the government knows more than we do and is only looking out for our own well-being by saying what we can and cannot do with our own property (yeah, that's a joke).

Thanks
    Casey, since you have said that you plan to give me my doe, but said you cannot do so right away, I would appreciate it if you could see if Elena would be willing to hold onto her until you or her can make a trip down this way (or if I happen to make a trip up to the 'rents' lakehouse). I would feel more comfortable with that arrangement if you cannot afford to get her here right away...I would be ok with you taking time to gather funds if she is in Elena's possession. I would also greatly appreciate seeing a couple photos of her since I have not even had a glance of her at all and don't even know what color she is.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stina For This Useful Post:

heathers*bps (05-26-2012),Jack (05-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stina View Post
    I would also greatly appreciate seeing a couple photos of her since I have not even had a glance of her at all and don't even know what color she is.
    after what she did and you not knowing what the doe looks like or color dont you think she would do something like switch it for another 1. just saying..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaGv View Post
    after what she did and you not knowing what the doe looks like or color dont you think she would do something like switch it for another 1. just saying..
    There are no other ones in the country outside of the few people who paid to import them. That's what makes the theft so awful (even though it is still "just a mouse").

Thanks
    There is no way she could switch her for another mouse. The trait is VERY distinctive and impossible to replicate without having the gene. Since the doe she has is one of only 2 in the country (me having the other)...there are no other's to switch with.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast