Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,442

2 members and 3,440 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Angry Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution)

Ok, this is more related to the pet/show rodent world, but I know that she is involved in the reptiles as well and is active on this site....so I want to tell as many people as possible about my experience with Casey.

A group of breeders in the US decided to go in on a shipment of mice from the UK. In the shipment asked for, and paid for, 2 abyssinian (a variety that was not available in the US at all) does and 1 buck (doe is female, buck is male for those who don't know mouse terms). I confirmed this multiple times with the organizer (to whom I am extremely grateful!). I have my pm records from the forum it was organized on to prove this. Casey claimed she asked for a buck and doe, but it is in the organizer's pm records (I've seen the screenshot) that she confirmed bucks only. I was not at the airport to pick up my animals (another friend was kind enough to pick them up for me and I met her on her way home to get them from her), and Casey decided to take a buck and doe, and left me with 2 bucks and 1 doe. So of course I want my doe....and Casey is claming she'd asked for a buck and doe all along, claiming she'd confirmed with the organizer multiple times she'd asked for a buck and doe, and said she probably didn't read the pm that confirmed 2 bucks... The organizer is saying she never asked for any does at all. So Casey is trying to keep my doe, said its all the organizer's mistake and her original "compromise" was that I could trade her back the buck AFTER she has a litter there... I offered to give her some offspring (no charge or anything) when she had them HERE, assuming I could get her before she had a litter. I have NO use for the 2nd buck...he is just sitting here taking up space...I am not outcrossing at all for at least a generation or 2, so he is pretty much completely useless to me (the other one has better rosettes)....I made no mistake at all, I just want my doe. I was told I was being selfish for wanting her, that she's not mine, and that I should just deal with it. I posted a thread on the forum on which the shipment was organized about the situation and Casey told me it was terrible idea to have done so....I hadn't spoken to her for a couple days...and decided I was going to drive to her house to try to reason with her to trade the mice.....this was Wednesday...so...it was a fun day. Some of the day was actually fun (we also used it as an excuse to visit family that leave in the same area she does)...and then there was the part where I tried to get my mouse. Randomly in the middle of the afternoon I recieved a text from Casey's cell number that she wanted to talk to me..I asked what she wanted and basically what was said was that if I had my thread removed from the other forum, THEN she would feel comfortable working with me to get me MY mouse.......admitting it was my mouse and trying to extort me into having the thread removed to get what already rightfully belongs to me. I told her I'd have to deal with it later....we happened to be on our way to her house, which she did not know. I did not tell her I was coming because I was honestly afraid she would euthanize the mouse before I had to chance to get there. So we showed up and the homeowners allowed us entry to their house and went to get Casey...she came in the room demanding to know how I had the right to show up at someone's house...telling me I had no right to be there...and demanding I leave. Since I know she does not have any ownership of the home, I told her the homeowner would have to ask me to leave. He asked me to look at the information I had about the mouse and then went to try to convince Casey to give her to me....he spent a while talking to her and she ultimately refused. So we told him to tell her we were going to call the cops...to which she still told him no, so we went down to the basement to talk to her ourselves and told her we were going to call the cops...to which she replied (and I'm paraphrasing) "go ahead, you won't be getting tis mouse today, the cops don't decide ownership so they won't do anything...I've been in this exact situation before." So we called the cops and the cop that responded spoke to her (while she continued to refuse and tell the cop it was up for debate as to who the mouse belongs to), but did say they can't do anything, we'd have to go to civil court. So rather than deal with any more bs we just left with the original buck...and I have no expectations of ever getting my doe.

See the boi for screenshots... http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=319760

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stina For This Useful Post:

Jack (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Wow thats very unfortunate, ive always found rhasputins posts to be very informative on here.
    Id like to give her a chance to respond though just in case theres another side to the story. But i mean u cant really make up those screenshots, they pretty much say it all. Sucky situation to be in.
    Rhasputin: i encourage you to do the right thing and give back the mouse if you would still like to be welcome on this site. Theres no place in this hobby for lying thieves.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Jack (05-26-2012),Mft62485 (06-13-2012),Stina (05-26-2012)

Thanks
    well yall won the most interesting police visit of the day for sure. I can only imagine the cops describing the mouse custody battle to their friends. XD

Hope everything gets sorted out.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts

Re: Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution)

Quote Originally Posted by Otolith View Post
    well yall won the most interesting police visit of the day for sure. I can only imagine the cops describing the mouse custody battle to their friends. XD

Hope everything gets sorted out.
    This. I am sure it a very frustrating predicament.

Thanks
    Ya had my interest right up to the point where you described " gaining entry into her home" to try and bully her into submission. If someone had done that to me in my home, they would have been looking down the barrel of my hand gun until the police arrived.

Lost all interest in your complaint after that...
    -Karl

0.1 Wild type Bp (Eve)
    1.0 Pastel Bp (Aeries)
    0.1 Russian Ratsnake (Vasilisa)
    0.0.1 Bairds Ratsnake (Romeo)

http://www.iherp.com/maixx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maixx For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (05-25-2012),Rhasputin (05-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maixx View Post
    Ya had my interest right up to the point where you described " gaining entry into her home" to try and bully her into submission. If someone had done that to me in my home, they would have been looking down the barrel of my hand gun until the police arrived.

It wasnt her home. Permission was granted by the homeowners to enter and proceed with negotiations. If youre not the homeowner, you have no say in who gets to come or go. Also it seemed like the homeowners were on the OP's side. Otherwise they could have easily said get lost. Combining that with what Casey supposedly said about "knowing the law due to being in similar situations before" leads me to believe that the homeowners have had to deal with similar situations before.
    Question to the OP: how old is casey and were the homeowners her parents? Just kinda curious...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (05-26-2012),Stina (05-27-2012)

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maixx View Post

Then you would probably be sitting in the backseat of a cop car considering you pulled your gun on someone, somewhere that isn't your property. Also note that the property owner first spoke with Casey before allowing them to go inside.

You better believe that if someone has something that's mine without permission, I will show up to their house and "bully" them till I get it back. That's called stealing and in my opinion, stealing is a worse offense than bullying.
    Last edited by TheSnakeEye; 05-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheSnakeEye For This Useful Post:

decensored (05-28-2012),gsarchie (06-13-2012),heathers*bps (05-26-2012),Mike41793 (05-25-2012),Rob_D (05-28-2012),Stina (05-27-2012),WarriorPrincess90 (05-25-2012)

Thanks
    I was told before I decided to show up at her door, that I could "deal with it" and was not getting my mouse. I wasn't going to just let her keep what belongs to me without trying to get it back. I did not force entry anywhere. The homeowners (not casey's family) were told why were there and allowed us in. We did not go anywhere we were not invited. We sat in the living room while one of the homeowners went to the basement to talk to Casey (where she went after she yelled at me to leave). We told them we would call the cops when Casey did not give us the mouse, after she said no the homeowners told us we could go to the basement to talk to her (we didn't WANT to call the cops). After she told us no and ran with the mouse up to her room, we went outside and called the cops (though the homeowners told us we could stay in the house) and did not try to reenter.

I believe Casey is in her early 20's...but I am not sure.
    Last edited by Stina; 05-25-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo's/casey's age

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    She sounds like a child. Running up to her room with mouse in hand? How ridiculous.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSnakeEye For This Useful Post:

Rob_D (05-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    She sounds like a child. Running up to her room with mouse in hand? How ridiculous.
    I know thats why i asked how old she was lol
    I thought she might be like a 15 year old and her parents were trying to teach her how to share...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Andybill (06-12-2012),Rob_D (05-28-2012)

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast