Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,402

3 members and 3,399 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    There are so many morphs I can't keep up with them anymore. Albino is easy, and so is leucistic. I can identify a striped or black-head with no trouble. I'm pretty sure I could identify a spider -- that's lots of brown with thin black lines, right? And axanthic are the same as platinum, aren't they? The ones that are grey and black instead of brown and black?

Piebald is easy, they look like reguar ones but with white spots or mostly white. Unmarked is also easy -- plain brown. Snow it looks like is a cross between albino and leucystic, pale yellow and white. Caramel seems to be a regular ball but with light brown coloration instead of the usual deep brown, high yellow the same but with a yellower tone, right? Jungle are more spotted? What is a clown? Or a ghost?

I'm sure I missed some. Is there a FAQ somewhere that lists all the morphs with descriptions and photos, or can someone correct me on the ones i got wrong and tell me what the others are?

Thanks!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Take a look at this: http://ballpython.com/page.php?topic=morph

It shows pretty much all proven morphs. There are others links I could give you , like check out http://vpi.com/4VPIInventory/VPIPriceList/BallThumbsGallery(1Jan02).htm or www.ralphdavisreptiles.com or www.newenglandreptile.com

Look around those sites, you should find all the "technical" terms on the morphs, as well. (I.E., the axanthic is lacking all yellow pigment, not just "grey and black", lol)

Hope I've helped.
    Jennifer

Thanks
    Thanks, Jennifer. I've been to all those sites, but somehow missed the first page you sent me to, which is really what I was looking for. That was very helpful.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Glad I could help.. I always keep the Snake Keeper's page handy, I have bought from them, and they are a very reputable source. (As with those other links..)
    Jennifer

Thanks
    I doubt I'll ever be able to afford to buy from them, much less own a morph unless I manage somehow to breed one, but I like to know what they are all the same. ;-) It would also be really cool if someone put together a list of which breeders are reputable and which aren't. I've read LLL has a bad rep, but I have no idea who else does.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If you check the BOI (Board Of Inquiry): http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...amp;forumid=13 , you can check out who is good and bad. (That's basically your list, eh?)

I am not "supposed" to be able to afford them, lol. But I purchased a pair of het albino's from them, so I will be producing albino's myself, although not for a couple of years.

As for reputable breeders, the most highly recommended in my book are:

Bob Clark @ www.bobclark.com
    Dan and Colette Sutherland (aka The Snake Keeper) @ www.ballpython.com
    Ralph Davis @ www.ballpython.net or www.ralphdavisreptiles.com
    NERD @ www.newenglandreptile.com
    VPI @ www.vpi.com

There are quite a few others, but those are my top 5 choices by far.

Jennifer

Thanks
    Excellent info, Jennifer! Thank you for all your help.