Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,264

2 members and 3,262 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

Question Constipation? Urates often and one with blue sting in it?

Confused. Does anyone know what this blue stuff is???

Shes produced urates/urine about 5 times now... Just the one had the blue in it.

Shes a ball I picked up from a breeder roughly 10 or so days ago. Fed three times on 3 small rats. Hasnt defecated yet. Was she just really thin when I got her? I've attached pictures of her from today... She isnt very round yet. Do you think shes constipated or just has more room to eat still?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Welcome to BP.net!

The blue stuff isn't too uncommon. I see it in my collection from time to time.

You say she's passed urates 5 times in 10 days? That's quite a lot in my experience. Also, feeding her 3 times in 10 days is a bit aggressive for a feeding schedule. How much does she weigh, and how much do these small rats you're feeding weigh?

Please take a look at these:

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ius)-Caresheet

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...Basics...*DUW*
    Last edited by Slim; 05-12-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks
    I know I'm feeding her quite a bit, but she seems a little on the thinner side and I'm trying to bulk her up a little. The rats are "small" size (two were f/t) and one was a live baby rat just opened its eyes maybe a day or two ago. She was 600g when I got her and shes a 2010 pastel. I've had a couple bps in the past and aside from her I have a young spider male (age unknown - dude I got him from said he was over a year but he looks to be the size of the bps we carry at petsmart so I dont know) I havent weighed him yet. I need to get my own scale and stop borrowing my boyfriends. haha
    Thanks for the links, I'll re-read a few care sheets. Never a bad idea I suppose.

I'm glad to hear the blue isnt too uncommon. I really want to know what it is though.

Thanks

Re: Constipation? Urates often and one with blue sting in it?

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubLove View Post
    I know I'm feeding her quite a bit, but she seems a little on the thinner side and I'm trying to bulk her up a little. The rats are "small" size (two were f/t) and one was a live baby rat just opened its eyes maybe a day or two ago. She was 600g when I got her and shes a 2010 pastel. I've had a couple bps in the past and aside from her I have a young spider male (age unknown - dude I got him from said he was over a year but he looks to be the size of the bps we carry at petsmart so I dont know) I havent weighed him yet. I need to get my own scale and stop borrowing my boyfriends. haha
    Thanks for the links, I'll re-read a few care sheets. Never a bad idea I suppose.

I'm glad to hear the blue isnt too uncommon. I really want to know what it is though.
    PS Thanks for the welcome! I've been into geckos (cresties and leos) a bit lately and just added a couple bps to my collection so its good to be here :]

Wow... thought I hit "edit" not "reply"... Damn energy drinks. lol
    Last edited by VeeDubLove; 05-12-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks

I guess we can overrule STD's lol..... If you leave urates out to drie they turn many different colors in my observation.(dont ask)
    0.1 Leopard Pied
    0.1 VPI Axanthic Het Pied
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pied

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingPythons View Post
    I guess we can overrule STD's lol..... If you leave urates out to drie they turn many different colors in my observation.(dont ask)
    lol No sexy time for this gal.

I have been taking them out daily (I like to check out my animals every day).

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Just so you know, when we hear "small rat", we usually think about something in the 50-90 gram range. It sounds like you've been feeding something smaller than that. A rat with it's eyes just opened would be called a crawler and is normally in the 20-30 gram range.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (05-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Just so you know, when we hear "small rat", we usually think about something in the 50-90 gram range. It sounds like you've been feeding something smaller than that. A rat with it's eyes just opened would be called a crawler and is normally in the 20-30 gram range.
    I fed a "crawler" once, and two frozen "small" size rats - one for each feeding. Juvenile I suppose you may call them - sub-adult size? Idk. Theyre called small rats. From nose to butt the small rats are about 4in long, and side to side about 1.5in
    Last edited by VeeDubLove; 05-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    1.0 Spider BP
    0.1 Pastel BP
    0.1 Nuu Anu Leachianus
    0.3 (SHTCT, Tremper Albino het Raptor, MS Raptor) Leos
    4.4.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 D. Tictorious Cobalt Tadpole