Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,218

0 members and 3,218 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    OP, just out of curiosity, how did you come by this male?
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks

Re: Beginings of a new morph.

Thats exactly what I said In my post , I didn't say blackback was a 'new morph', but it was new line. 'New' can still apply to additional lines within an already established morph.
    0.1 GHI Mojave
    0.1 Super special h scaleless
    0.1 Desert ghost
    1.0 WC Dinker

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    I'm seeing Pastel too. Can we get some full body belly shots of them?

<---Signature--->
    Snakes, Jeeps, Dragons, Nature, & Knives.. Makes my world go-round!

Thanks
    when greg graziani or some other big shot proves out a new line whether it be a different strand of a proven allele, there is a line around the corner waiting to shake their hands or sniff their boxers lol.. ( rant)

i love the comments both bad and good, the good drive people to tinker with new or old strands while the skeptical also drives, but the drive is to prove wrong.

the fact that it might be of the pastel allele is obvious, the fact that unlike most pastels whos offspring have some random pastel pattern, his off spring seem to duplicate his pattern and that is also obvious.

now weather its a new morph to me or to you is left to personal perspective.

he was purchased from one of the many social media site and as far as i know he is cb, not from some big fancy breeder or imported from a far far away land.

belly shot of the babies as soon as i go back to the shop i will snap some and post.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HCC MORPHS View Post
    he was purchased from one of the many social media site and as far as i know he is cb, not from some big fancy breeder or imported from a far far away land.
    WTFO??? Facebook and Twitter sell snakes now???

When one of the big shot breeders makes an anouncement about a new morph, or a new line of an old morph, it's usually not a low grade version of something that's been in the hobby since the late '90s. Like I said before, good luck with this effort, just don't expect any one to be snorting your shorts for proving out an interesting looking Pastel Dinker.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

luvmyballs (05-15-2012),meowmeowkazoo (05-13-2012),Rawbbeh (05-16-2012)

Thanks
    Very pretty snake regardless and some lovely babies.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    WTFO??? Facebook and Twitter sell snakes now???

When one of the big shot breeders makes an anouncement about a new morph, or a new line of an old morph, it's usually not a low grade version of something that's been in the hobby since the late '90s. Like I said before, good luck with this effort, just don't expect any one to be snorting your shorts for proving out an interesting looking Pastel Dinker.
    lmao thanks for your opinion, with it and 8$ i can get a cup of coffee at star bucks, and "anouncement" is spelled announcement.

Thanks
    I think the sire is gorgeous. I have a pastel from Garrick Demeyer that looks very similar to him. Even Garrick said he didn't have bright colors as a baby and he totally browned out, but I would in no way call him a "low quaility" pastel. His blushing is insane, just like your male's. I'm a sucker for blushing, even if they lose their yellow. He looks pastel to me and I bet he will make some awesome supers. Have the babies shed? I'd love to see more pics
    God Bless http://www.iherp.com/elbee
    _____
    1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Albino, 1.0 Piebald, 1.0 Pastel Butter Spotnose
    0.1 Het pied, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Super Pastel, 0.1 Champagne, 0.1 BEL, 0.1 Pastel Leopard
    1.1 Thayeri Kingsnake
    1.0 Hog Island Boa
    0.2 Western Hognose (normal and purple line albino)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elbee View Post
    I think the sire is gorgeous. I have a pastel from Garrick Demeyer that looks very similar to him. Even Garrick said he didn't have bright colors as a baby and he totally browned out, but I would in no way call him a "low quaility" pastel. His blushing is insane, just like your male's. I'm a sucker for blushing, even if they lose their yellow. He looks pastel to me and I bet he will make some awesome supers. Have the babies shed? I'd love to see more pics
    no not as of yet they actually came out of the egg about 10 hrs ago. =)
    the picture of the dad is a bad one taken on a brown surface.. i will post natural light photos.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HCC MORPHS View Post
    lmao thanks for your opinion, with it and 8$ i can get a cup of coffee at star bucks, and "anouncement" is spelled announcement.
    Dude you seem miffed at finding out your new morph is actually a morph thats been around the block a few times, What you have is a Black Back Pastel nothing more nothing less hence why the back is so blushed out. Its a low quality ( on colour ) pastel, Your going the wrong way about it with your attitude. Sorry but do not nit pick with peoples spellings because you don't like their opinions. If you don't want to hear negative comments then best thing to do is don't post about it.

If you want your boxers to be sniffed then I suggest you become one of those 'big' shots you mentioned.

They do look nice and surely healthy hatchlings is what its all about, I have potentially something new but I have had negative comments about it and I just take it on the chin EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tempestas For This Useful Post:

CLSpider (05-14-2012),DooLittle (05-12-2012),h00blah (05-12-2012),heathers*bps (05-13-2012),jsmorphs2 (05-13-2012),luvmyballs (05-15-2012),meowmeowkazoo (05-13-2012),Rawbbeh (05-16-2012),Slim (05-12-2012)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast