Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

1 members and 3,366 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Tokay care?

Thanks

Tokay care?

Hi i am planning on getting two tokay geckos and wanted to know if a 18X18X18 would be big enough and if i need any special lighting or what good temps would be thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Oh that care sheet is coming up really funky on my computer. To answer the ops question though...
    A 18 cubed is not going to cut it. They are arboreal and need height. That may work for babies and I keep small groups of my toklings in one of those but a minimum for any adult is 18 x 18 x 36.
    That would work for up to a pair for their entire life spans. The tank should be set up thermal regulation zones top to bottom. Highest temp area should be 95.f
    Humidity at least 70%. By far though the more hot and humid the better. What I do is I spray heavy in the am. Let it dry out all day and then do a light mist in late afternoon.
    They are nocturnal so they don't need UVB lights but they do well having a day/night cycle. Ceramic heat emitters and sun bulbs work really well to achieve desired temps. The walls need to be covered with fake foliage for them to hide behind. PVC piping also works great for arboreal hides. The more clutter in the cage the better. They'll barely come to the ground if they are happy. So no hides are needed on the ground. I'll try and find a picture of one of my cages.
    Anyways this should get you started.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Thanks

Here's a bit of an older picture. Don't bother with Hammoks like I did. They won't use them. That was one of my first toks Achilles he taught me a ton. Now I use the PVC pipes and they love them.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com