Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,437

1 members and 3,436 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Potential breeder concern

I'm looking at purchasing a Russo white diamond female... She's a 2010, currently weighs 800 grams. She's never bred, but the seller said she ovulated young last year, and laid a bunch of slugs. Is this something to be concerned about? Were the slugs a result of young age and low weight, or could this be indicative of an issue with the snake? Or could this have potentially done long term damage to her? Debating whether this is a safe investment or not.
    1.0 Lesser Platinum
    1.0 Pastave
    1.0 Pastel het. Clown
    1.0 Yellowbelly
    1.0 Enchi Pastel
    1.0 Opal Diamond
    0.1 Butter Bee
    0.1 Phantom
    0.1 Russo White Diamond
    0.1 Vanilla
    0.1 Champagne

0.2 Savannah Cats
    0.1 African Grey

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Potential breeder concern

Everything you have said would automatically make me personally say no to this purchase. If she ovulated and had slugs it was because she was never bred and therefore there was no sperm to fertilize the eggs.

Thanks
    well 800 and less grams on her right now, she is still to small to, i personally would not have tried her at that weight. you know her system works without the majic juice. i do not see issues once she is of a more proper weight. but your call,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcoylesr76 View Post
    well 800 and less grams on her right now, she is still to small to, i personally would not have tried her at that weight. you know her system works without the majic juice. i do not see issues once she is of a more proper weight. but your call,
    I think you are mis-reading what he said. As the seller of this White Diamond, I can tell you that she never lost 800 grams, nor did I attempt to breed her that small. I wouldn't do that. She was approximately 1100 grams when she ovulated. That resulted in a big fasting period and about 400 grams of weight loss after laying the slugs. That was a few months ago. Currently she is eating very consistently, weighs over 800 grams and looks quite healthy.
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendhend View Post
    I think you are mis-reading what he said. As the seller of this White Diamond, I can tell you that she never lost 800 grams, nor did I attempt to breed her that small. I wouldn't do that. She was approximately 1100 grams when she ovulated. That resulted in a big fasting period and about 400 grams of weight loss after laying the slugs. That was a few months ago. Currently she is eating very consistently, weighs over 800 grams and looks quite healthy.
    My apologies, re-reading over the OP and your info i see the misunderstanding.