Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,350

1 members and 3,349 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snake Sausage?

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Snake Sausage?

Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
    They've been around for a while. I've heard that they are expensive comparatively speaking, but have heard that at least some colubrids will successfully feed on them. I wouldn't think beef would be any more or less nutritionally valuable, because other than that snakes eat protein, we don't know their nutritional requirements.
    It's not just cow versus rodent (although I think that is important nutritionally), it's also the organ meat, bones, and hair that contain vital nutrients and minerals. Snakes need the whole animal for full nutritional value.

The Intuits were able to survive almost entirely off meat (whereas the Europeans quickly got scurvy without fresh fruit, a commodity lacking at the North Pole) because they prized the organ meat (chock full of important nutrients) and gave the nutritionally worthless steak cuts to the dogs.

Thanks
    I have pet rodents, mice, hamsters, gerbil, rabbits and I love them and they are quite spoiled.
    But that is not a reason to feed my snakes something that is not natural! My snakes will stick with their rodent diet and they will thrive and grow!
    Look at the obesity rate now, everything we buy has additives and junk added to it. Young kids have diabetes now...

Thanks

Re: Snake Sausage?

List of fails on this page:

1. "Never feed a snake in its shedding cycle" What, are the sausages going to attack him because he can't see/attack them quick enough?

2. Third ingredient "Beet pulp" I hope this is a typo, but even if it is WTF is beef pulp?

3. It does not contain meat byproducts... Ok, so it doesn't contain the things a snake needs to survive.

4. ...or grains... That's right, it contains beet pulp instead.

5. Also contains flaxseed meal. Isn't that a grain?

6. Chlorine chloride, something something chloride, and other stuff I can't pronounce and put into my swimming pool.

P.S. I am reconsidering the hotdog I just ate...

Thanks

Re: Snake Sausage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldrose View Post
    I have pet rodents, mice, hamsters, gerbil, rabbits and I love them and they are quite spoiled.
    But that is not a reason to feed my snakes something that is not natural! My snakes will stick with their rodent diet and they will thrive and grow!
    Look at the obesity rate now, everything we buy has additives and junk added to it. Young kids have diabetes now...
    It's not just that, its that Americans aren't eating real food anymore. When I was a kid my mom cooked dinner every night, went to the grocery store and came back with some lettuce, flour, spices, steak, etc. The problem is that people aren't actually cooking anymore, they're eating... Hell I don't even know what the stuff is. These things wouldn't be a problem if real food was available at a reasonable price and people actually got off their butt and cooked something edible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Idk why none of you guys can get your snakes to eat these. Mine all love 'em. I just sprinkle some MSG on them and they all gobble them down and beg for more. Y'all must be doing something wrong I usually give each of them a couple French fries afterward.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Coleslaw007; 06-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coleslaw007 For This Useful Post:

Capray (07-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    My snakes usually never end up getting any bc i eat all of them. Sausage is sausage, no matter whats inside the casing
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    My snakes usually never end up getting any bc i eat all of them. Sausage is sausage, no matter whats inside the casing
    Lmao your poor snakes, they're gonna starve!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123