Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,335

2 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Has desert female breeding got anywhere?

Just wondering if any progress has been made on figuring out the desert female breeding problem?

anyone getting close?

Thanks

Re: Has desert female breeding got anywhere?

Im sure if anyone successfully breeds a female there will be huge threads on almost every bp site on the web discussing it.

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    There's a problem with the desert females?
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    I actually

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aalomon View Post
    Im sure if anyone successfully breeds a female there will be huge threads on almost every bp site on the web discussing it.
    I agree.... I hope it happens soon though!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    For some reason, nobody has come forward saying that they've successfully bred deserts. All that we know is that they haven't bred. With the amount of time deserts have been out, everyone is assuming that desert females are just infertile. Male deserts seem to get the job done just fine though .

That's it in a nutshell... If you want to know more, just do a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

moonlightgdess (05-16-2012)

Registered User Lair of Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would be willing to bet someone has done it....just not going to publish it yet...there are too many breeders in th U.S. that have them in their collection, but not every breeder will share info on the internet.....as soon as some shows a pic of them on eggs you will see them pop up from every direction...
    A lot of your "OLD SCHOOL" breeders still do a lot in secret and not willing to share because of what it does to the market price. There has never ever been a female anything that cant reproduce so is the "Desert female" one of the wonders of the world....nope...just needs to be treated a little different than the normal Ball Python.
    I just picked up a 650g female yestrday and looking for more at the right price because I know proof is coming soon and the information needed to have them reproduce.
    Travis
    Lair of Dragons
    To many Ball Python morphs to list but don't own enough......YET!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lair of Dragons View Post
    I would be willing to bet someone has done it....just not going to publish it yet...there are too many breeders in th U.S. that have them in their collection, but not every breeder will share info on the internet.....as soon as some shows a pic of them on eggs you will see them pop up from every direction...
    A lot of your "OLD SCHOOL" breeders still do a lot in secret and not willing to share because of what it does to the market price. There has never ever been a female anything that cant reproduce so is the "Desert female" one of the wonders of the world....nope...just needs to be treated a little different than the normal Ball Python.
    I just picked up a 650g female yestrday and looking for more at the right price because I know proof is coming soon and the information needed to have them reproduce.
    Travis
    Lair of Dragons
    What about the banana females only producing females, and rarely producing males? It's not impossible for an animal to be infertile. Sounds like a mutation. Spiders wobbling is a genetic trait that's passed down. Infertility could be the same thing. Who knows? I hope your desert female reproduces for you. They're awesome snakes, and their combos are sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Registered User Lair of Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bob Clark though the same thing with his Leusistic Burmese and she never did reproduce...he chalked it up to the Morph must make it infertile....yet now they produce them....
    Same thing was said about Caramel BPs...like I stated to many large breeders are working with them and soon info will be posted on the secret to breeding them. I would be willing to say its a temp thing.
    Travis
    Lair of Dragons
    To many Ball Python morphs to list but don't own enough......YET!

Thanks
    There has been a person that has came forward and said that they were able to successfully breed a female desert. He just doesn't have any pictures. And he is doing something different than most as well. He only uses ambient temps. I wanna say in the low 80s. There is talk about it on the BLBC.

Also I disagree that they wouldn't come forward. If people successfully breed a desert it would be smart of them to come forward. That way the price of the females would jump back up, and people would stop considering it a useless morph. Unless they want to buy more females while the prices are still low.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast