Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

3 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Question from a 1st timer

So after observing multiple lockups in Oct. Nov. and Dec. my Pastel girl showed some signs in Feb (laying on side etc.) once or twice then...nothing. She shed 3/17 and I grew hopeful once again...then no further signs of anything...around 4/13 started seeing her lay on her side more an more often and I thought I could see bulges so maybe we might see something around 4/17 (based on the shed)...well 4/17 has come and gone and still nothing...she's still laying on her side up until today. Sometime last night she moved from the warm hide(85+) to the ambient hide (75ish). So 2 questions: 1) still possible for her to lay (and how many days after shed can they go? and 2) is moving to the cooler side a sign of anything?
    Thanks in advance!!

Thanks
    If anything, moving cool is a sign of building follicles...you can try to palpate her. Guide her into the tub and put a pillowcase or snake bag over one of your hands and squeeze her as she slides through...make sure you give her a good squeeze, you'll feel when you need to ease up. Follicles, depending on size will feel like a string of marbles to a string of golf balls
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Registered User Lair of Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you use bedding and she has it pushed up the sides of the tubs she is nesting....I have had females go as many as 55 days after shed before they laid eggs....she will let them out after she can no longer provide oxygen to them....make sure you dont keep checking on her every 10 minutes...check morning and night but give her time to have them...do you have storms in you forecast...always get eggs on storm fronts....changes in weather causes labor....if all my BP's dropped at 30 days after it would be too easy.....
    Travis
    Lair of Dragons
    To many Ball Python morphs to list but don't own enough......YET!

Thanks

Re: Question from a 1st timer

It doesn't sound like she has ovulated yet thats when you count down after she sheds 30 days. Laying on her side is just a sign of building as well as laying on the cool side of the tub. I would keep pairing her usually if she is gravid the male won't be interested. The best thing to do is to try to be patient I have been waiting since November for my spider girl to lay her eggs they are due in about 26 days.