Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

2 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Some Arts~ *lotsa pics*

I thought it was about time that I posted my art stoof, what with the school year winding down and all. First year in art school and I can't say that I didn't learn quite a lot. Been drawing since I was a kid but never this intensely.

Drawing is definitely my favorite class. These are all from the most recent semester. I can't include last semester's favorites because they're all of nudes and this is supposed to be a family friendly forum. Such is the life of an art student, I guess

I've learned a lot from this class in regards to shading, texture, and being honest and drawing what you see, not what you know. I've gotten a lot better at people and faces in particular as well, though most of my figures are really old men

I must say out of all of the classes I've taken this year, painting/color theory is the one I hate. Paint and I don't get along and it's something I've struggled with all year, and as it's a "color theory" class the prof decided that he didn't need to teach us the craft of painting before telling us that all of our assignments were to be done in acrylics. Still, I think I did a pretty decent job for someone who's never done anything more than a watercolor fingerpaint as a kid.

My real passion, though, is in concepts and character design. I love taking known skeletons and muscle structures and warping them into fantasy creatures... usually dragons but I've messed with other possibilities as well. When I was a kid I used to draw franken-animals with all sorts of body parts... head of a lion, neck of a cobra, body of a dog, legs of a horse... just to see what I could make look believably as though it stepped out of a fantasy novel.

Recently I got into some digital painting and now that the year is basically over, I will probably start back up again. It's fun experimenting with different brushes and textures along the way :3

But what really fuels my passion is combining my love for concepts and digital media into pixel art. When I was a kid, I thought that some program made the sprites in GameBoy games for the developers... when I found out that it was PEOPLE doing it, I knew what I wanted to do. I'll probably be blind staring at these all day when making each sprite, but it's worth it :3

So there you have it, my work over the past year or so. Hopefully your retinas aren't bleeding!
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Quetzal)
    0.1 Spotted Cream Tabby, Moggie (Saffron)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    You are very talented. I liked all of the pictures especially the snake one. Thanks for sharing
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks

Re: Some Arts~ *lotsa pics*